Aftermarket brake rotors.

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
I was wondering since my steering has started to vibrate really bad. That I might suffer from warped rotors. I know for other cars they have Drilled vented rotors. Do they currently sell aftermarket Brake rotors for our cars?

I went to www.brakeworld.com but they don't have anything not even brembo brakes for the car.

I was wondering since my steering has started to vibrate really bad. That I might suffer from warped rotors. I know for other cars they have Drilled vented rotors. Do they currently sell aftermarket Brake rotors for our cars?

I went to www.brakeworld.com but they don't have anything not even brembo brakes for the car.

You can go to les shwab and have your rotors re surfaced for cheap...Mine would vibrate and "pulse" bad when braking on the freeway..After i had them machined they felt brand new again

I had a shop intown order my CrossDrilled rotors and they are way better, with HAWKS performance pads, i will find out the brand of the rotors tomorrow.

Cool give me some info on that when you get a chance I like both Ideas but better ventelated rotors would be my choice first.

It's ridiculous because since day 1 I have been complaining about this vibration and the dealer kept telling me it's normal. Now alot of people even with the 2008 are having issues. So now it's oh if you are under a certain mileage they would replace them but I am at lost because I have 32k on them.

Cool give me some info on that when you get a chance I like both Ideas but better ventelated rotors would be my choice first.

It's ridiculous because since day 1 I have been complaining about this vibration and the dealer kept telling me it's normal. Now alot of people even with the 2008 are having issues. So now it's oh if you are under a certain mileage they would replace them but I am at lost because I have 32k on them.

Is their documentation from day 1 about your issue? If so see if they (dealer) if they wont call Mazda NA.

Is their documentation from day 1 about your issue? If so see if they (dealer) if they wont call Mazda NA.

The dealership where I got the vehicle tells me they dont have me complaining about it despite myself going out to the car with the sales girl and the old manager. No wonder I have not been back to this dealership they suck!

I have never had an issue with mine and i even own the early production 07, like i said i have 80 000km and the fronts were still 50% but i also use the Auto stick 99% of the time and down shift instead of slamming the breaks.
I Will get you all the info tomorrow, when i go to the Shop, as im driving my 300 this weekend.

The dealership where I got the vehicle tells me they dont have me complaining about it despite myself going out to the car with the sales girl and the old manager. No wonder I have not been back to this dealership they suck!

I know its not what you wanna hear but unless its on paper they will deny it, its a cost out of their pocket if they say yes they will fix it.

Rotora

I have been a 300zx SCCA racer for years, i've heard all of the arguments for and against slotted, drilled and slotted/drilled. I've always had good performance with slotted. I have had the Rotora direct replacements on my CX-7 for two months now. Stop anf go traffic in Chicago, even high speed stops when i drive south. They work flawless with the autoexec carbon/ceramic pads. a little more dust than stock, but much better piece of mind

I have so much going on that I forgot to update this post. On friday 7/18/08 I had the car in and they did all the work free of charge finally. No more warped rotors smooth braking and best part no more freaking squeal in the morning. They also did the rear differential because I had that serviced recently and they forgot to add a special fluid in so it was making a loud humming sound as if I was driving with very big off road tires sound all problems taken care of for now. The saga continues until next time kids same time same station

Brembo makes an awesome set that is used on the Pace cars here at Laguna Seca Raceway! But it does require 22" rims to fit these monsters on our car...

Naive question:

Does the ABS care at all what changes you make to your brake components...? I was curious about "upgrading" my brakes to something a little more *beefy* because I ALWAYS have several hundreds of pounds of pro music gear in my car 24/7 (just easier that way) and I can't imagine that having all that extra weight in the back every time I drive isn't taking it's toll on the brakes.

I am thinking of going beefier - but I don't know if the ABS has "expectations" of the hardware or if it doesn't care and merely measures tire rotation under braking and adjusts the pressure to the calipers to achieve what it needs to.

Thanks.

P.S. - I may be creating a false problem, for all I know, the stock brakes are fine... but I worry that having what may be around 700-800 extra pounds in my car for all of my driving might be taxing them. Don't know for sure.

Back