After 5 years of mazda owning its DSM time

Shadow102

:
2013 CWP MS3 / 1977 Celica GT
Well for the first time in almost half a decade i dont own a mazda (still got the g/f's p5 in the driveway though) Figured the rx7 isnt something i was gonna keep long term (convertible, heavy, loud, gutless NA, needed body work) i decided to sell/trade it for something more liveable. Got offer a 1990 talon in a trade and decided to take it.

Car is bone stock except the removal of the balance shafts and typical aircan/MAS mods. In fact the PO removed the boost control solenoid so the car is only running 9psi as opposed the 13psi it runs stock (i have a boost controller and will be running 15psi after i get a boost gauge). Car is in excelent shape only needing some minor mechanical work. The body has a month old coat of honda s2k Laguna blue on it.

Thus far my Azenis have made there way on the car, rx8 counter weighted shift knob, and fixing the shifter mechanism and brake caliper have been done. Have a set of megan racing springs on there way, car came with brand new kyb gr-2's in the trunk, STB's are coming, radio install kit is on the way, my SAFC is sitting here, and i am awaiting a quote on a full 3" exhaust. So far the car is a little rocket ship i am suprised at how quick it is. Neway here are the pics:

DSCF2386.JPG

DSCF2387.JPG

DSCF2388.JPG

DSCF2389.JPG

DSCF2390.JPG

I will say that I approve of the color ;)

Gonna drop the corbeau in that one too?

Last edited:
I will say that I approve of the color ;)

Gonna drop the corbeau in that one too?

Nah the corbeau went with the rx7...the stock seat had to have the sliders ripped off because a bolt seized. Also it was staring to get a wear spot.

Gives me an excuse to finally pick up some forzas though.

Got my megan racing springs, kyb gr2, and strut tower braces all installed, car feels much better now, it doesn't squat real hard anymore and I can take a turn without massive body roll.

Also got an alpine hu installed yesterday so I can listen to cd's now lol. Turbo timer harness should be there today so that can go in.

Going to test for boost leaks today or tomorrow and order what ever I need to repair them along with a boost gauge so I can install the mbc is have and crank the boost to 15psi.

Also gotta order sometime next week the turbo drain seals, lower ball joint, and right axle, all of which should take care of all the maint. Items that needed to be done beside an oil change.

j00 know if I dump it you got the hood.. I just need yer blue one, lol.. with all the s*** thats wrong with my car atm Im in quite the conundrum... fail.

you do know his blue and your blue won't really match.....

i picked up a 1991 talon na front wheel drive for 300 bucks for my winter beater. it runs good but i need something for the power steering im not sure there is fluid squirting out of the high pressure hose and im looking for a new hose to buy but cant find one. but overall its in good condition its black.

Turbo ftw...my car has no muffler and its too quiet.

Check your local junk yard I know they are plentiful here...if you can't get one cheap lmk I will see if its worth the international shipping

Got some new pics this week of the car washed with all the recent goodies added...also put on my painted timing cover and valve cover...the picture doesnt help but its satin black with blue metal flake...the picture made it look teal.

Picking up a stage2 clutch and flywheel from my buddy who works for comp. clutch this week and ordered an oil catch can as well for the car.

DSCF2395.JPG

DSCF2396.JPG

DSCF2397.JPG

DSCF2398.JPG

DSCF2399.JPG

DSCF2400.JPG

DSCF2401.JPG

DSCF2407.JPG

Damn thats clean!!! I miss mine used to have a 2Gb and then went to a 90 awd talon incredibly fast cars and handle well even with the body roll the awd makes up for it.

Back