AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

lets see if I can get everything, hardpipes, 2.5in sri, relocated maf, midpipe, ported cylinder head with 1mm oversized valves, stock turbo set to 8psi

wideband is in the emty hole on the j-pipe, boost gauge and ssafc are both on the same line off the intake manifold

ssafc is soldered, checked all the wires multiple times, its in correctly as far as I can tell

I'm really not sure what else would help here. Engine has about 10,000 miles on it, MAM block bought from Bala on this forum. Car has 42,000 miles on it so most of the sensors etc are original other than the egr that I just replaced, new spark plugs a week ago(one step colder) no check engine lights. Too much useless info yet? haha

appreciate the help guys, thanks

well not really useless, it's good to know you replaced the egr valve last week... and actually for some reason when I first cleaned my egr valve and tried to tune it, the car ran crazy lean.. just a random/quick thing, but have you tried to reset your ecu (disconnect the battery ect..) and just reload a new copy of the stock supermap, or whatever map you wanna use, just to clear everything out...

also I guess you could check your exhaust mani, and/or intake mani for any noises, leaks, cracks, which would make it run leaner.. also check your exhaust for any loose areas.. um, ya at that millage everything should be fine, I don't know how the oversized valves will affect everything, I assume it might make it leaner, but that is crazy lean... I also notice that sometimes when I try to add fuel, like I tried to add fuel at the 6.5k rpm and full boost fuel cells the other day to rich'en it up to 11 afr about, but for some reason, when I added the value by .1 or even .2 it just made it leaner or just stayed lean.. I am guessing this has to do with the way the ssafc is run, which is why I would suggest trying to start clean on the ecu, and the stock supermap, but also make sure you compress file (or compact file I think it is called under the File tab) so that it will clean and over-writting data from other tunes and reload the map)

just make sure you have all your vac sources in the right place, i had a big problem with vac leaks and high idle when it got hot when i put the 626 in, got them sorted out now and the car runs great

ya, it should be all good, for some reason my tune is still weird, I tuned it good the other day it was around 75* and I noticed when I was done tuning I did a little test run after unhooking the computer, and like I said before the car ran a little richer, instead of in the 11s it was in the higher 10s, today now, even though it is only 70-and actually prob. 73* about, i was running crazy rich and back into fuel cut sometimes, or at least mostly stumbling, I know I still have to tune for the lower psi like 2-6psi throughout the rpm band, but it's still a lot richer than it was.. 2 days ago lol... I don't get it, once I tune it again, if it goes rich a few days after i might just loose it lol..

so question stands, has anyone had any issues or similar problems with the car being tuned properly and then once you unhook your computer from tuning, the car runs richer, and then a day or 2 later the car runs really rich again?. I know the ssafc can't be learned around, and I just replaced my coilpacks/wires with the good ones from my old msp.. any ideas?

Well my exhaust manifold does have a big crack in it, but there seems to be no evidence that its leaking. No ticking, no carbon build up anywhere. I'm going to replace it, possibly this weekend just to be sure though. If that doesn't change anything with the ssafc I think that maybe my unit is bad. If thats the case, should I call split second directly, the unit is second hand.

does anyone have pics of how you spliced your connections? I have my SSAFC and am more than ready to hook it up!! I have a copy of the instructions and I printed the wiring diagram from the link at the beginning of this thread, but pictures would really help out. It looks like a pretty easy install since it isn't a lot of wires

pull up the instructions from split second...

basically download it, open it as a "customer" in the R4 software, connect up to the AFC, write the map.

ok, I think I did that right. I downloaded the stock supermap since the SSAFC I have is used. Can someone give me an idea of what the fuel map on the stock supermap looks like so I can verify it is right?

sorry for all the questions, it's new to me. I just wanted to see if all of the values in the cells are what they are supposed to be throughout the RPM range and at the different boost levels.

ok, started the car and it ran for about 3-5 seconds and just cut off

edit: started the car again after a few minutes. It did the same thing but I guess the engine caught itself and kept running(if that made any sense) It did that a few more times and then started to smooth out some. Then, the idle got a little rough, then started to smooth out. I took it for a test drive and now when I shift into neutral while coasting, the idle drops really low so Im guessing maybe I have a small vacuum leak probably where I tapped for a vacuum source. Im tappped into a vacuum line that a local performance shop used coming off of the intake mani for my boost gauge. Other than that, no other issues while driving. I probably won't give it a full test until tomorrow. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back