AEM F/IC writeup

You are supposed to calibrate it without starting the car. Just get to the wizard with the ignition on and FIC connected, follow the steps, then start the car once you are done.

Soooo confirmed that the wiring harness is the same. Went in to the car and connected the FIC and calibrated the TPS. Rough start. Im going to charge the battery over night since its been sitting for a while.

Now my question is. If i use the bypass harness shouldnt my car be running normally in NA. Im going to try resetting the ECU by touching terminals. Just seems odd that now the car on idle bogs and reads 10.4 and then when you put the by pass in it still bogs and now reads 22.4....

I went from the split second... To the FIC. I supercharged the 2.0l motor same way as HK5PRO. Just wanted to take it one step further.

any insight would be great. my tune is on sunday but if i cant even get the car to idle right with the bypass soemthing must be up.

I spent a day with a tuner with the Splitsecond. Got that worked out.
Installed the FIC with the exact directions from the Spreadsheet.
Got BIg lous schemitacs. Looks similar but some parts are hard to understand

thanks guys

When i uninstalled my SSAFC the car ran like s***. But once I reset the fuel trims by disconnecting the battery and touching the terminals together it was fine.

Yes I used resistors. The car is running a little rough but I havent had much time work with it. The car does run just fine when I use the bypass. The next thing is that I need to verify if my MAF sensor is still good. I banged it a little hard reinstalling it. I used the same combo of resistors that big Lou used.

well spent a day on the dyno and didnt even get to turn on the dyno.... The FIC harness is very very picky. I bought it used and turns the harness is best used as a one shot deal... Install it in the FIC and leave it. Pulling it in and out is bad. it losens the female inputs to the point where the connection is week.

After trying to figure why the car wouldnt stay on it was cause the crank sensor wire on the plug going into the FIC. if it was loose.... NO CRANK.

for all of you looking to buy an FIC used. Invest in a new harness its $40 plus taxes from Summit racing and jegs.

My next tune is DEC 4th soo ill be able to post some results

My car is still running rought at idle. It is close under boost, but I dont like coming to a stoplight. I am slowly learning things, but I was wondering if you guys could help a little. I am running 550cc injectiors. What kind of fuel trims are you guy running at idle? Have you made any more O2 adjustments? While we are at it, have you guys worked with the ingnition or MAF adjustment.

Also, I still dont know if my MAF is hooked up right. I have is clamped at 4.6, but when I open the gauge screen my MAF input/output voltage never changes.

I managed to get the MAF hooked up right and now the car is running good enough. Still some hiccups, but now I can at least play with the tuning with some progress. I am having the fuel cut issue, how do I get around that? Also, to verify with FLIPOTTAWA, be careful with the harnesses and esp. the Cam wire. Continously plugging and unplugging the FIC I was not putting the harness in straight and gummied up the lower corner and lost connection, but it is fixed.

Did you reset the fuel trims after installing the FIC? That may be causing the fuel cut. Unhook both battery terminals (negative terminal first) and touch them together for about 30 seconds. Pump the brake pedal a couple times for good measure and then reconnect the battery and start the car.

Yes it was probably that or just running too rich, once I applied my first changes the fuel cut(power loss) disappeared. Car is running much better now. After an oil change, and new plugs, I am going to start some logging.

Also, I just wanted to tell everyone that is considering this device that this is the first time I have ever messed with a FI system and the AEM is really simple and give a good introduction to the tuning. I havent been to an tuner, just a little help from this site. I have worked with carbs before, but this is much better.

Latest posts

Back