AEM cold air intake $150 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump. $135 shipped. Someone buy this so I can put the money towards a radiator for my swap. :)

Sure, if FedEx Ground is still okay? It's easier and we get a discount through work that I'll pass on to you.

Ok, I'm still not totally sure I have money now for modding, though I really wish I did haha. So I'll say I can't do it.

Well you gotta pay to play. And you aint got no monies...

That's cool. If it's still around when you have the money on the 13th, it's all yours. I'll hold off on using it for my KL until then. Just let me know. Until then, bump. I need monies to pay for other parts. :)

I opened it and looked it real quick and took off for the night. Am I going to need to go get anything extra to do the install ie couplings or anything for connections?

Glad you got it okay. And you won't need any couplers or fancy tools. Just a phillips head screwdriver or an 8mm socket for the hose clamps. A 10mm socket to get your old intake piping out.

I taped a little bolt with the rubber holder to the elbow, that bolts into your overflow tank bracket, then the long bracket from the intake piping bolts to that to hold everything tightly in place. I'm sure the pics posted in here will help a lot. But everything is there and it's a very simple install. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

I can't seem to get the filter in all the way... is it because I have an automatic transmission? There seems to not be enough clearance between a solenoid and then transmission/tranny hoses

Hmmm. I'm not sure the intake will work with an automatic. I should've asked that. The automatic tranny is more square right? Thus probably putting the filter in a tight spot. Anyway you can modify it a bit to fit? Sorry, mate...

Hey hey, no worries man. I got it in there right now, it's making contact in a couple places. The real problem is the filter so I'm just gonna go pick up a smaller/skinnier one and BAM, we're golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back