AEM CAI possibly redesigned already?

eg6motion

Who has the AEM currently and compare. If you look at the current parts list for the AEM CAI, it now includes an Airflow-Straightener, similar to stock/cobb/cp-e. Is this new? I have not seen this on the mazdaspeed CAI and I thought they were the same? Can't find any other info about it either. this is the picture from the Install sheet, notice part 9-21070.

intake.jpg

I thought that AEM made the CAI for Mazda, not that they were exactly the same.
Perhaps AEM learned from the Mazdaspeed version's problems when they came out with their own.

The AEM CAI also has a CARB EO number, useful for us in California.

I've got one on order.

I had an AEM for my MS6 and I can definitely say that there never was an airflow straightener.

I was told by *****unit that the new Mazdaspeed CAI is ready and is redesigned but mazda will not release it until all of the CAIs that were sold after the cutoff date are returned. Maybe the new one will be similar to the aem.

The AEM CAI for the MS3 definitely has an air straightener in it. The guys who I am working with on my car would not have ordered it otherwise. (just check out the importimage site, too, and it explains that the CAI has a straightener.) Maybe this is a new feature, but they definitely have an air flow straightener now.

importimage online. com/imageprint/mazda/mazdaspeed-3 /power/index .php/cPath/221_581_808

(remove the spaces from the link)

so mine was installed at dealer back in november of 07, will mazda put the straightener on it for free?

You might as well ask the dealer, but I don't know what their answer will be. The "Mazdaspeed" version of the AEM CAI is marketed differently than the CAI for the MS3 which comes directly from AEM. I don't think the dealer will do anything with the "Mazdaspeed" one until it is officially re-released. For now, if you really can't wait for a straightener and you want an AEM CAI, I think you would have to order a new AEM CAI straight from AEM or one of its vendors.

I just put my AEM CAI on a couple weeks ago and it came with an Airflow-Straightener. Whole system works great. Took about 2hrs to install.

Who has the AEM currently and compare. If you look at the current parts list for the AEM CAI, it now includes an Airflow-Straightener, similar to stock/cobb/cp-e. Is this new? I have not seen this on the mazdaspeed CAI and I thought they were the same? Can't find any other info about it either. this is the picture from the Install sheet, notice part 9-21070.

I just put my AEM CAI on a couple weeks ago and it came with an Airflow-Straightener. Whole system works great. Took about 2hrs to install.

+1. The AEM CAI definitely has an airflow straightener now.

i wonder if us MS CAI guys could get a hold of an airflow straightener for our setup

That is too ironic. AEM comes out with the corrected version b/f Mazdaspeed. AEM should just sell 'em so people don't have to wait forever for Mazdaspeed. It looks like a simple insert. If not, maybe somebody else could make them and sell them. Plenty of MS-CAI owners out there who would go for it. Sounds like a job for RKM.

Just spoke with a guy named Travis at AEM, the airflow straightener part (9-21070) is available separately from their distributors. Called one guy up in Hawthorne, CA (www . toysport . com ) near AEM, his price was $8.50 but he had a $25 minimum on any orders so I'm going to hunt around some more.

I'll update if I find a better dealer (or one closer to my house for that matter).

I'm checking on pricing for it right now for you guys. And, I can definitely sell less than $25 at a time.

i just put the aem intake on my ms3 and it did have that piece in there its a sweet intake i recomend getting it

Back