Adding exrta din space

broansa

:
2005 Mazda 3i
Does anyone know if it possible to add an extra DIN space, while keeping the stock HU?

I did see this in a thread, http://www.thespeedline.com/, where they put a slot above the vents.

I can't tell if I like this or not, so I was wondering if there were any other things out there for a different location? Maybe other than the dash, if possible?

doesn't look to bad... probably a bit better/easier then putting one in the ash tray as thats the only other place i have seen it. you could always custom rig up something for under/in the glovebox or under one of hte seats as i am not sure what you are running and how important access would be to you.

I want to try and get an EQ/Crossover unit in there, where I can still access the controls for it. I haven't seen an ash tray kit. Is there one somewhere or is it a custom deal?

how often would you need to adjust an EQ/crossover? I'd just have it in the trunk or if needed, in the glovebox.

no it would be custom and as kansei said how often would you really be adjusting it?

Having EQ controls at your fingertips is worth the extra effort. Granted you don't mess with it all the time...but the times you do, you want instant gratification. You need to be able to boost/cut from the driver's seat so you can hear the differences without leaving the car to make adjustments.

I really like this..

2810105433-DSC02029.JPG

Im seriously thinking about getting it. Anyone know anything about this company?

haven't heard anything bad about them.... though i haven't heard anything good... but on this (and the other forum) i would take no news as good news cause you always here about the bad s*** first.

yeah chuler, exactly. If I go through the trouble of installing an EQ/crossover I want to be able to sweep my LPF frequency and adjust the bass gain from the drivers seat. Mostly because I will be adding this to the factory HU, where I wouldn't have controls for a sub signal. Also, having a more advanced EQ for the rest of the speakers would be extremely nice as well, again due to the limitations of the factory HU. This is what I was thinking about trying to squeeze into the ashtray/cig.lighter area.....http://009b286.netsolstores.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1695..... its the Lanzar E750s (let me know if that link doesn't work.., if it doesn't, try searching for it, it'll come up).

So does anyone have any idea how to get that into the dash? It's actually a half din slot, so it's 7"W x 1"H X 4.75"D

Back