Add me to the sick and injured list...I was clipped!

arcane73

IT'S NOT CUTE!!!!
:
03 Laser Blue Protege 5
Not as bad as some have been, but some asshat rolled my right rear fender under for me in a parking lot then drove off. I had to pull it out by hand to keep it from cutting the tire. It's lovely....now i have to come up with the money to fix it or pay my deductible. The people that were in the store i was parked 2 feet from 'saw nothing'......(pow)

the pic is from tonight....i'll take one tomorrow in the daylight and put it up.

fender1.jpg

sucks. I have a much less severe version of that on my p5, just rashed up really. someone let a shopping cart loose into my headlight/bumper cover the other day...just scuffed and it rubbed out pretty easy but damn. People are really out to destroy our cars. I think theyre jealous.

EARLY morning daytime picture.

fender4.jpg

and I've got calls going out today for all of the stores in that little strip to see if any of them know of any security cams. At the time, the one i had parked in front of was the only one open...maybe something good will come of this.

i need to wash it after driving it 8 hours round trip.....but i can't bring myself to do it :(

also, i'm selling a package tray for an 05 mazda3 if you guys know anyone that needs one.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123672688

Last edited:
Ouch! It's hard to believe no one saw or heard anything. Hopefully, the security cams were working and caught something.

Frickin retards, eh? I really can't stand people when it comes to well....people. My town probably has the WORST drivers I've seen, too.

the tortoise said:
You live in Ottawa too?

Sometimes, when I'm in Hull and then cross over the bridge to Ottawa I see alot of bad drivers... but I find ontarians to be slow and safe on highways.

the tortoise said:
You live in Ottawa too?

Actually I'm on the west coast...little tiny town of only 22,999 idiot drivers. The city has grown exponentially for the last ten years, so all these people who don't know how to drive appear out of nowhere because they wanted to move to a quiet holiday town to wreak havoc on us laid-back-a-tons. Beautiful place, wicked view of the mountains from anywhere in town; 20 mins in any direction leads to either swimming, climbing, hiking, biking, snowboarding, ect.... 3 mins in any direction leads to the rest of the population, which like I said consists of me and 22,000 idiot drivers.

yay! just got off of the phone with the body shop.
$2375.32

if i could get my hands on the person that hit my car......(nuts)(eekfu)

and there are no cameras on the side of the lot i was parked on according the the strip mall owner...they're supposed to be going in sometime in late July. And after speaking to the manager of the shop it was parked in front of and coming up with nothing it looks as if me and my insurance company will be buying a new quarter panel and bumper cover.....yay.

Last edited:
Wow! My girlfriend got smashed on the front bumper, headlight and front quarter panel (is that how its called?) of her protege by some idiot civic driver and there was way worse damage than yours and it cost something like 1500$

Anyways, hoping you don't get botched work on your car. And if you find the idiot, don't let him off the hook easily.

Qcpro5 said:
Anyways, hoping you don't get botched work on your car. And if you find the idiot, don't let him off the hook easily.

Yeah, I'm letting the mazda dealer here do it. factory mazda parts as they're 4 star rated by my insurance company.....and trust me......there would be quite a stink raised if i ever did find out who hit it.(gun)

2375 for that ?!?!!? omg... wats gonna b mine..... ??? i need driver side fender replaced + front bumper .......

my.php

Last edited:
lVlike- said:
2375 for that ?!?!!? omg... wats gonna b mine..... ??? i need driver side fender replaced + front bumper .......

my.php

well, the parts from mazda for yours would be in the $450 to $500 range if you payed full retail. (around 200 for the fender and 250 for a bumper cover) I don't know what they would charge you for labor to reassemble/paint it all. Sorry you got tagged too :(

:( :( i can reassemble myself.. but paint.......... i need to try to find a friend's friend..

i get stock parts cheap from a distributer here in MD but its too big 4 me to ship. the price for the bumper was 100 and the fender was 80 and the hood was i think 100 all brand new. i got a price check for a friend of mine who needed those parts.

Back