ABS Traction control?

carz8

In searching local dealers for a mazda3, I found 2 dealers that had ABS with Traction control. I did not see tranction contol as an option on the mazda3 site or brochure. Is this a new option or was this always part of the ABS package?

I've looked through all my brochures, my online pricings, and my own order form. I dont see Traction control anywhere. They might be blowing smoke up your ass.....

NV1 DVD Navigation System
REQUIRES 1AB and 1XT.
AT1 4-Speed Sport A/T

1MC Moonroof & 6-CD Package
Includes power sliding glass moonroof with one-touch open and sunshade, and in-dash 6-disc CD changer.
1AB ABS/SAB/SAC Package
Includes anti-lock brake system (ABS), electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD), dual front seat mounted side-impact air bags (front coverage), and side air curtains (front and rear coverage).
1XT Xenon & TPMS Package
Includes xenon high-intensity discharge headlight (HID), and tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). REQUIRES 1AB.
1AP Appearance Package
Includes front lip spoilers and rear aero flares.
LS1 Black Leather Seat Upholstery
REQUIRES Black.
CDC In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer
NOT AVAILABLE with 1MC.
1SP Sport Package
Includes 17" alloy wheels, P205/50R17 V-rated all-season tires, and side sill extensions.
MPA MP3 Player
NOT AVAILABLE with CDC, 1MC.
MRH Electrochromatic Rearview Mirror w/Homelink
Includes electrochromatic rearview mirror, universal remote transmitter, compass and external temperature display.
MCT Electrochromatic Rearview Mirror
Includes electrochromatic rearview mirror, compass and external temperature display. NOT AVAILABLE with MRH.
RSD Rear Skirt Diffuser

FLA All-Weather Floor Mats

RBS Rear Bumper Step Plate

MND Moonroof Deflector
REQUIRES 1MC.
CGN Cargo Net

CGM Cargo Mat

WLK Wheel Locks

CE3 Emissions Equipment
Required in CA, MA, ME, NY and VT.

That is all the options that is listed on www.edmunds.com

They are usually up on their stuff.

Re

Below is a link to a dealer websites inventory. Scroll down to <NOBR>REF# 41129683. There are a few Mazda3 VIN numbers with traction control. </NOBR>
<NOBR>I also saw one on another Mazda dealer site. http://www.mapleshademazda.com/</NOBR>
<NOBR>Click on the Mazda 3 link and scroll down to middle of page for ref number. I also found an article</NOBR>
<NOBR>http://www.carpages.co.uk/mazda/mazda_mazda3_sets_new_class_standards_part_3_21_09_03.asp?switched=on&echo=975146205</NOBR>
<NOBR>which talks about traction control which I believe is available in Europe.</NOBR>

carz8 said:
Below is a link to a dealer websites inventory. Scroll down to <NOBR>REF# 41129683. There are a few Mazda3 VIN numbers with traction control. </NOBR>
<NOBR>I also saw one on another Mazda dealer site. http://www.mapleshademazda.com/</NOBR>
<NOBR>Click on the Mazda 3 link and scroll down to middle of page for ref number. I also found an article</NOBR>
<NOBR>http://www.carpages.co.uk/mazda/mazda_mazda3_sets_new_class_standards_part_3_21_09_03.asp?switched=on&echo=975146205</NOBR>
<NOBR>which talks about traction control which I believe is available in Europe.</NOBR>
So maybe the dealerships you found that told you they had MZ3s with traction were actually made for Europe, and then shipped over here. Either the buyers there didnt take them, or they are overstock or something.

I'd check with those 2 dealerships you found, they'll prob. tell you more. And if it is true...good for you, you found a 'rarity'. lol

The N. American-spec Mazda3 does not have traction control. Euro-spec has traction control available (I believe it's bundled with DSC).

I recieved a reply from one of the dealers saying that this was an error. His internet person thought TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) was traction contol. This is funny cause I just gave a deposit for a Titanium 2.3 that is in transit to a local dealer and the computer showed ABS with traction. This was before I recieved response from dealer. The Sales person even wrote it on the sales contract. I'm hoping if its not traction that it is TPMS cause this would be a plus for the same price. Or maybe I can act dumb when the car comes in and demand for something for stating I was getting a car with traction.LOL>(thought)

i don;t get why in Canada we don;t get NAV,TPMS and Traction! i mean wtf, it does snow here in canada and we are bigger than all those country that has NAV. I think we need it more!

are you guys saying that no mazda3 has abs... it is one of the options listed on the mazdausa.com website...

It should be easy to add traction control to your abs system. In most cars the traction control runs off the abs wheel sensor, this is just the basic system which allows the driving wheels to maximize traction. For the system to cut back engine power other sensors are required. You can search traction control on the web, there are a few companies which supply systems to the auto industry. I Just like to know what brand is used in the Mazda6 & RX-8, then we would know what is used in the european 3.

icecube said:
i don;t get why in Canada we don;t get NAV,TPMS and Traction! i mean wtf, it does snow here in canada and we are bigger than all those country that has NAV. I think we need it more!
We don't get Nav because there are only a few maps for major cities (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver). A lot of people drive into the city for work but live outside of it. It would be a waste of money as it is right now.

Back