A Little Help Guys please

ok ive got a funny problem with my p5. its done 41,000 miles. and has adopted a strange problem. when i let of the gas mid to low rev range, say 40mph in 5th. the car kinda judders and slows down very quickly, without me even touching the break.

however when i put the clutch in it doesnt do it.

ive read somewhere about warping fly wheels etc. anyone got any ideas of what it could be?, ive cleaned all the throttle body etc, think it was that. but still no change.

any help?

NMMotorsport said:
ok ive got a funny problem with my p5. its done 41,000 miles. and has adopted a strange problem. when i let of the gas mid to low rev range, say 40mph in 5th. the car kinda judders and slows down very quickly, without me even touching the break.

however when i put the clutch in it doesnt do it.

ive read somewhere about warping fly wheels etc. anyone got any ideas of what it could be?, ive cleaned all the throttle body etc, think it was that. but still no change.

any help?
I would think it's because your in 5th gear and only doing 40mph! That will lug the motor down alot. At 40 you should be running 3rd 4th max.

no i dont mean its sluggish. of course it would be in that gear at that speed. but because its in a high gear if i let off the car should cruise for a while, before gradually slowing down. whats happening is as soon as i let off the gas the car juds then slows down as if im breaking hard. (help)

You need to jack it up and check all 4 hub barings and your brakes. The motor alone shouldn't have enough power to be able to slow it down to fast. And if you had F/W problems that bad, it would also cause problems all the time. It sounds like something is hanging up. I wouldn't drive it too far, if it is a baring then that bad boy and lock up on you.

brakes...maybe a caliper is seized or your ebrake cable is busted or pads aren't letting go.

ok i'll have a look. i dont think its gonna be a break type of thing, because i havent lost any power. cheers guys, uve given me a few ideas to play with

I don't believe it's the brakes. If it was a brake problem his car would do this in all gears, and be slow to accelerate/sluggish. It would also do this while coasting. In NMMotorsport's original post, he said that it didn't do this when he pushed the clutch in, and in his second post that his car is not sluggish.

if your P5 is still under warrenty I would highly suggest you take it in to the dealer and have them figure it out for you.

no it'll do it in all gears not just 5th. say u were in first gear and u took it to the redline then just let off, then the car would slow quite fast. that type of thing will happen in low rpms in all gears but about ten times worst. (dunno about reverse, but it sounded really crap the other day)

5PADZAM said:
I don't believe it's the brakes. If it was a brake problem his car would do this in all gears, and be slow to accelerate/sluggish. It would also do this while coasting. In NMMotorsport's original post, he said that it didn't do this when he pushed the clutch in, and in his second post that his car is not sluggish.
I forgot that part. Yea it shouldn't be the brakes or hubs. Oh hope its ok.

Back