A/C Blasts when key is turned off...

fraochdha

The strangest thing has just happened to me twice in one week... when I park my car, A/C turned to it's lowest setting but not off. I park my car and turn the key off (in park as well) and with the key off and nothing else going the A/C blasts on full blast, as if it's possessed.

It's happened twice now, so I'm a bit concerned, has anyone else had this experience or anything else going haywire with the key off?

2008 GT AWD CX-9

The strangest thing has just happened to me twice in one week... when I park my car, A/C turned to it's lowest setting but not off. I park my car and turn the key off (in park as well) and with the key off and nothing else going the A/C blasts on full blast, as if it's possessed.

It's happened twice now, so I'm a bit concerned, has anyone else had this experience or anything else going haywire with the key off?

2008 GT AWD CX-9

relax, this is a known issue,
if you still under warrenty just take it to the dealer for fix,
If not, buy the A/C Relay's (2 relays) from the dealer and replace the old relay's with them,
the old one's are black, the fixed relay's are blue.
costs around 16$.

I posted this on another forum, this should help you:

My CX9 is out of warranty so I asked my buddy that works at Riverside Mazda to hook me up with a copy of TSB 07-008/09. I read through it and was very simple and straight forward. I bought the 2 relays that the TSB said to replace (part# G115-67-730) replaced them (under hood relay box closest to the driver's side fender) and up to right now no more occurences.

I wonder if these are covered under an extended warranty because my car started tonight. I started it up to put it in the garage. When I turned the car off the fan went to high. I opened the hood to beat on the relays, but the fan turned off.

I need to take the car into the Arlington, VA dealer to have a look and also replace a motor mount for the damn clicking, and clunking in the stearing. This payday I will also buy replacement rotors and pads all around to replace myself.

I drove the car into work this morning and turned it off. The fan came on again so I hurried to pop the hood and pull the top off the fuse/relay box. I tapped the relay furthest away from the fender, or closest the the firewall, with my knuckle and the fan turned off. I started the vehicle and turned it off twice and the fan stayed off. Just an example of crappy/stickey relays.

Lindyrect, thats ghetto! Just buy the damn relays that are so inexpensive intead of running off your CX-9 and tapping on the relays...good grief!

Lindyrect, thats ghetto! Just buy the damn relays that are so inexpensive intead of running off your CX-9 and tapping on the relays...good grief!

It was just a temporary fix to stop it from blowing. It is on my list of things to do. Just ordered, and received 4 rotors and brake pads yesterday $310.00) I plan on changing those this weekend. Relay to follow along with possible motor mount replacement for clicking.

Just giving you a hard time Lindyrect...no hard feelings. Let us know if the clicking gets fixed with the motor mount your going to replace.

Relays

I posted this on another forum, this should help you:

My CX9 is out of warranty so I asked my buddy that works at Riverside Mazda to hook me up with a copy of TSB 07-008/09. I read through it and was very simple and straight forward. I bought the 2 relays that the TSB said to replace (part# G115-67-730) replaced them (under hood relay box closest to the driver's side fender) and up to right now no more occurences.

How do you open the relay box? is it the box that is closest to the fender, or the same as the fuse box? I got the fuse box open, easily-- but the other one is different, and not so straightforward to open. And do you need to replace one or two relays?

thanks again.

P.

It is the smaller box closest to the driver side fender. It should just snap off like the fuse box, and yes you will need two relays. One for the front blower and one for the rear, relays are marked on the under side of the realy box lid.

So My 9 decided to do the whole blower on full blast thing today. I had a new relay and decided to replace it. I did that and the blower did not turn off until it timed out and now I have a check engine light. I placed the old relay back in and will run the car for awhile to see if the light resets.

I did not disconnect the battery. I removed both relays to see what happens and the blower kept blowing with both relays removed. I then replaced the one closest to the wheel well with the original and put the new relay in the spot nearest the firewall. Nothing happened until the blower finally timed out. Update, after setting parked at work all day I started up and the check engine light had cleared.

this just happened to mOr e tonight. Turned off the car and heard this hissing noise and it really caught me off gaurd and had no clue what it was until i figured out it was the rear air conditioning unit blowing air full blast. The front vents did not come on, everything was turned off including the car. I read this post about the TSB but can not seem to locate it. My car is out of warranty and dont really want to take it back to the dealer to have it fixed. Is there any way i can find the TSB for this online so i can give it to my mechanic and have it taken care of locally. thanks

Mine did this too, off and on, for about a month. I just ignored it. Hasn't done it again for almost a year.

This has happened a lot last year or so but haven't came back latey. I just replaced both new relay (blue) as a precaution.

It only takes 5 minutes and it is not hard at all. The box is located right next to the driver's side fender. I used a plier to pull out the old (black) ones since they bit pretty hard into the fuse box.

Attachments

• relay.JPG
    relay.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,328
They have a technical service bulletin on it, and the dealer always just replaces both front and rear blower relays to correct the problem.

Back