a 65 yr old arrested for not going to vietnam

Qui Gon Zel said:
As a former Marine, I can say that a deserter is as bad as it gets in their eyes. You're lower than scum. I, for one, am glad they caught him. What made him so special that he can just take the **** off because he was scared? I didn't run away from Pendleton when they told me I was going to Iraq for the war.

You just don't leave the base un accounted for. If you run away, it's basically the same as becoming a fugitive. The guy had to use an alias for chrissakes.

I don't think they care so much that he didn't serve in 'Nam as much as he just up and left the base.
I agree. But I think the 'dishonorable discharge' really doesn't matter to him..

It's a shame he didn't have a rich daddy or the right last name. He wouldn't have had to go in the first place.

Pro5Monkey said:
It's a shame he didn't have a rich daddy or the right last name. He wouldn't have had to go in the first place.

for sure

Logic prevails :/

To the dumpster in....

They may send him to Iraq, since we seem to be a couple thousand troops short of Mission Accomplished.

he did the right thing. even if he lived thru the war (if he had went), i'd rather serve 3 years for deserting than be tormented by horrific memories and nightmares of what he would've seen/done over there.

my uncle went to vietnam. he never talks about it. never.

capnsavem said:
he did the right thing. even if he lived thru the war (if he had went), i'd rather serve 3 years for deserting than be tormented by horrific memories and nightmares of what he would've seen/done over there.

my uncle went to vietnam. he never talks about it. never.

2 of my uncles went. 1 spent a year in the mental ward after returning, then discharged. He lives in Colorado and does not large crowds, does not talk about the war, only about how bad he was treated by the VA when he got back. My dad says he saw some really bad things,and leaves it at that.

My other uncle volunteered and served 3 tours as a helicoptor pilot. Totally gung ho and s***. Of course, he lives in texas, and is a toal piece of crap to his family. But he loves his guns, and talking about how he used to throw VC out of the helicoptors if they did not divulge secrets. Then, jokingly, he says that non of them gave away secrets. Redneck bastard.

Back