949 15x8 / 9's

Zenmazda

:
mazdaspeed6 mazda2
I've read what others have posted about the 949 placement and a few questions.
1 Has anyone ran the 15x9's? If so what lowering options? Tire selection?
2 15x8 what's the widest tire with rolling the fender?

1-Some did fit 15x9" on, they rolled their fenders and added longer studs. They fitted 225/45 tires on too on H&R springs.

2-15x8" is a perfect size for 205/50 tires, I'm going for those wheels next summer. I hope I won't have to roll my fenders but if I have too, well got to do what you got to do.

I rolled my ms6's fenders with no issue, just went very very slow. After looking at the thickness of the fenders of the two, they have what looks like one layer (six had two). Should be easy. Thank you for the fintment recommendations. Other options past the 949's were the Ko feathers (running 17"), with blistens so I can dial in the height I need.

2-15x8" is a perfect size for 205/50 tires, I'm going for those wheels next summer. I hope I won't have to roll my fenders but if I have too, well got to do what you got to do.

I have this exact set up, I didn't have to roll even on H&R springs.

It shouldn't make a difference on springs. I remember reading from 949 that the 15x8 fit at any ride height if you stick to 205/50 tires, that pretty much sold me. The rears stick in the fenders more then the front because the 2 has a wider track in the front then the rears.

Last edited:
It shouldn't make a difference on springs. I remember reading from 949 that the 15x8 fit at any ride height if you stick to 205/50 tires, that pretty much sold me. The rears stick in the fenders more then the front because the 2 has a wider track in the front then the rears.

I'm sold, thanks for the reply :) Do you have pictures of the 15x8" on your 2?

One.

attachment.php

I plan on taking more after I get tinted on Thursday. Are you looking for any shot in particular?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm on 16x8 +25. If I went back to 15's, I'd look into going 15x9.

If you don't mind my asking:
-how's your fender clearance and suspension clearance?
-What kind of suspension work do you have done?

I'm looking at 16x8 +34 offset Rota slipstreams. I loved them on a previous car. Your wheels should be about 9mm closer to the fender than my theoretical rotas would be, and about 9mm further from the suspension.

The comparison is not apples to apples exactly, but I have 16x7 sparco assetto garas with a +37 offset on my 2 with 205/45/16s. I've been lowered on Racing Beats, Eibach and H&Rs over the last year and a half. I've never experienced a single rub under any conditions, even with multiple people in the car.

If you don't mind my asking:
-how's your fender clearance and suspension clearance?
-What kind of suspension work do you have done?

I'm looking at 16x8 +34 offset Rota slipstreams. I loved them on a previous car. Your wheels should be about 9mm closer to the fender than my theoretical rotas would be, and about 9mm further from the suspension.

Well it depends on how low you go. I'm on air suspension so I drop all the way down. As far as fender clearance, I rolled both front and rear fenders, I'm running -2 up front. However I still don't have enough clearance in the rear, either someone has to find a way to camber the rear or I have to pull my fenders.
I require more suspension clearance than most suspension as I am on a height based air management; meaning I have height sensors installed in the wheel wells that connect to a moving part of the suspension. My clearance inside is great. I think 16x8 +34 should be fine. A member here had 16x8 +30 and he didn't have to roll his fenders. If you have more questions about my build you can check my build thread.

Thanks for the info Kwaits. I can't go aggressively low since it's a dd in the snow belt. I will probably be doing the H&R+Corksport Damper combo or the Bilstein PSS.

Thanks for the info Kwaits. I can't go aggressively low since it's a dd in the snow belt. I will probably be doing the H&R+Corksport Damper combo or the Bilstein PSS.

No problem.
When it snows here I'm screwed. I've been debating on returning to stock for the winter but I'm lazy.

It is a LOT of work to do twice a year. Even if you just adjusted a coilover suspension for winter/summer heights: it's still 2 alignments a year along with screwing with the god-awful spanners and stupid collars.

Yeah for me it's actually really easy. I just swap suspension which if you haven't done it to the 2 yet it's stupid easy. Plug all my air components. Then get an alignment. Which only cost $40.

Back