'90 RX-7 with LT1/T56 for sale

jmsj578

I hate to use our Kentucky forum for selling a car; but, I would like to sell my RX-7 to someone locally. I bought the car in January to show this summer. It has garnered several trophies, to include about half as specialties. It's beaten out some good competition. The neat thing is, you can take it to the track and do well, as well. How does 11.8-12.0 in the quarter sound?

This project was done by a guy who spared no money on it. He put over $20K into the project at discounted parts prices. I'm asking $11K for it. I know that's a bit much; but, this is not a junk car.

If you want more info, contact me at 859-685-7626. The best way is via e-mail at jmsj@roadrunner.com. I have photos and a good parts spreadsheet I can send to the serious buyers. For a quick review of the car, look at the website belonging to the guy who sold the car to me. The right side of his page has a shortened parts list, photos, and a couple of videos.

http://www.myspace.com/lt1rx7

Be sure to contact me via the phone or email because I seldom look at this site, now.

Thanks!

No IOUs, please. I already have a son who wants to do that. I told him the banks have money. I need cash.

As for your wife, I already have one. She's pretty mean and wouldn't want to share. I need cash input, not more output.

It's gone! You guys in Louisville may start seeing it around, now. Thanks for putting up with my posting it here. If all goes well, I'll be going to VA to pick up a LS6 Miata to replace the RX-7. :)

The LS6 Miata, if you please.

HPIM0908.jpg

HPIM0897.jpg

The Miata is in my garage. The trip home from Virginia Beach was a blast. This little car is smoother, quieter, has more power and less weight, etc than the RX-7 I owned. It was no slouch with the LT1 engine. At 440whp, it should be more than fast enough for my daily driver needs. It gets decent gas mileage, as well. I can't wait to start showing it, next year.

you like your american muscle !

Actually, you need to look at my signature. I like Mazdas, for the most part. I just traded in my '06 Miata for the Roush. My wife likes Mustangs as well as her RX-8; so, I bought the Roush for her to show. The little red Miata is to replace the RX-7 I was showing, this summer. Even though I like the Japanese engineering on our fine little cars, it's hard to beat that big GM V8 under the hood for shows. I'm nuts about the first gen Miatas; and, I have an engine that makes others go nuts, as well. Life is good.

That is pretty amazing...how ridiculous of a project is it to drop an LT1 into a Miata like that? I'm sure you'll enjoy it...have you sold the RX7 yet? If I had an extra $11k hanging around...

That is pretty amazing...how ridiculous of a project is it to drop an LT1 into a Miata like that? I'm sure you'll enjoy it...have you sold the RX7 yet? If I had an extra $11k hanging around...

Yeah, the RX-7 is gone to a guy in Louisville. Tom Weber lives in the St. Mathews area. He and his son are having some fun with it and plan to take it to the track, some. I hope they have as much fun with it as I did. I'd have kept it; but, I wanted the money to help pay for the Miata. V8 Miatas bring a hefty price, when compared to V8 RX-7s. I just got lucky on the price I paid for mine. It cost way less than most I've seen.

As for the rediculous part of the installation, installing a LT1 in the RX-7 is pretty easy. There are kits for it that allow you to almost plug and play. Doing the little things like the wiring, exhaust, etc is what takes the time. The LS6 into a Miata is a little tougher. He had to make custom engine mounts, cut out some of the firewall, etc. to make it fit. The result is a fine little machine that's comfortable to drive, has power to spare, and turns heads whenever I drive it. If you don't mind using the suggested Ford 289 or 302, the Miata engine install becomes the plug and play like in the RX-7. It is obvious that some just like GM engines better.

Back