680whp FSDE

it was stock block, and i think i was 8.5 compression withe q cometic gasket. i bought the shell but sold since i didn't have a place to keep it any longer and never een began the project but i can try and find out more information

ok but can you inquire to the owner before you who built the 680whp motor what all was done to both the engien and trans for both to hold up.

call it whatever you want. i have no need to prove anything to you. go ask john sheppard what he has in his engine to reach his whp to see if he will tell you everything. the car was the shop car and the engine builder can't go around telling everybody what combination he used. if he did everyone would have 680whp

call it whatever you want. i have no need to prove anything to you. go ask john sheppard what he has in his engine to reach his whp to see if he will tell you everything. the car was the shop car and the engine builder can't go around telling everybody what combination he used. if he did everyone would have 680whp

I highly doubt everyone one have a high hp protege. I'm sorry but thats not possible. Now more options for the platforn and more hp proteges running around sure. Hell even if he did "leak" details about his build it could benifit him as far as we know he custom makes certain parts to strenghten the transcase ect ect... And if he offered those parts to the public who knows. lol

The engine was actually heavily built and the transmission had the PAR Engineering gears . All I can say is he passed the block and the transmission case limits...

Last edited:
This is a part of what it was done to the engine for this car.

1-Equal lenght SS header custom by Creative
2-custom 3.5 down pipe SS by Creative
3-44mm tial waste gate
4-# inch alum presure pipe custom Crea.
5-BOV tial 50mm
6-custom valves ss
7-custom retainers titanium
8-custom springs
9-Full racing port job by Creative
10-custom intake manifold by Creative
11-Custom fuel rails for 8 injectors Creative
12-pauter rods
13-CP pistons
14- cometic gasket
15-head studs ARP
16-haltech E6X
17-Custom 2 stage boost controler Creative
18-MSD dis 4 HO
19-Custom axles Creative
20-MT tires 26x10x15
21-Bogart wheels 15" front
22-3.5x15 rear wheels Bogart
23-Custom wheely bar Creative
24-Honda Civic radiator

stock crank shaft and stock oil sistem and revving 9k all the time.

I also think they did some Custom Copper Head Gasket with Firerings

The engine is a FS 2.0l from a protege 2003, the tranny parts are from PAR eng. and ensambled and modified by Creative Peformance, the head has 5K invested in parts without the labor and the full race port job. The tires are MT 26x10x15 in bogart wheels. A haltech E6X tunned by Creative Performance also in inhouse Dyno.
75 mm trotle in a custom intake manifold

Btw, these thread shouldnt be named 680whp, it should be 754.15whp FSDE

This was done with 36 psi of boost out of a GT40R turbo.

Dynosheets.jpg

CIMG0314-2.jpg

Last edited:
The head was worked by him with valve job and custom cams. The list of parts is more like 4 times that one to be honest.

The head was worked by him with valve job and custom cams. The list of parts is more like 4 times that one to be honest.

Esta Clarisimo que la lista es 10 veces mas larga mano, pero bueno Por lo menos tenemos algo, estoy seguro que Carlitos no va a revelar su secreto, pero ya avemos unos cuantos por ahi rodando con los nuestros.. hehehehe Do you know if he ran Stock size pistons and sleeves or ??? im the only one running 0.40Pistons with Performance sleeves on these Engines ?????

Hehehehe, ahy me cojistes. Anyway, at that kind of power, the block will not hold for too long. Tengo que pasar en estos dias por el taller so le preguntare a ver si me contesta.

Last edited:
Esta Clarisimo que la lista es 10 veces mas larga mano, pero bueno Por lo menos tenemos algo, estoy seguro que Carlitos no va a revelar su secreto, pero ya avemos unos cuantos por ahi rodando con los nuestros.. hehehehe Do you know if he ran Stock size pistons and sleeves or ??? im the only one running 0.40Pistons with Performance sleeves on these Engines ?????

Running 0.40 on ANY engine is not a wise decision. It reduces heat transfer properties that can induce to ping/knock which leads to detonation, reduces engine longetivity and makes it more prone to cylinder warp. The performance gain (insignificant) for an overbore of 0.40 or more becomes unpractical and is only recommended when the engine has suffered damage that requires the job.

Otherwise, for a normal use and minimal performance modifications for street there should be no problem.

^^^ This is a drag engine. It runs for 3-6 minutes at a time. Longevity is not a concern.

Back