505 Cold Air Box Round 2

505zoom

Breathe
:
2003 MSP #119
Hey guys, I just wanted to put up a post in here since there is more activity than the GB section. I am gauging interest in running another batch of my cold air intakes. Info is in the following thread (and there is also a link to the original GB there), but if you have any questions, feel free to post up or PM me.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123837042-GI-505-Cold-Air-Box-Round-2

Hoping to get this rolling for an early spring ship date.

-Rich

So if I were to order one, what would the cost be for a full kit for an N/A car? Shipping and all.

Exact pricing is not set yet (depends on how many we make), but the first batch was $320 for a standard full N/A kit. Shipping is case dependent and is usually between 15-20 bucks for the USA. I expect this batch to come in very close to that.

CIMG5567.jpg

1098464_10151647795667730_150788743_n_zps9fd0dd8b.jpg

Question. Since the box takes up quite a bit of room, where has everyone been putting the coolant reservoir that's usually in that location?

I really like the look of this setup, I want one. But I have to take care of a few other things before I spend on this.

Also wondering, is there a 505 logo anywhere on this?

Hmm, I was thinking somewhere it can be seen. Maybe on the straight sliver pipe before the manifold?

The best solution for this is probably to just include a loose badge and leave it up to each customer to decide where it goes. I know a lot of people prefer the clean badge-less look, while others like the logo and want to display it.

A well designed badge is always worth displaying

I definitely agree with that, and personally like a little identifying flare on things like this as long as it isn't overdone. I also know from my intake manifold GB's that a lot of people want it to be as clean and factory looking as possible. A small badge with a strip of 3M double sided tape that can be placed wherever (or not at all) seems like the best way to try and make everybody happy.

I am open on this one though, and will consult with the people in the GB to see what they want with details like this.

Last edited:
Back