437 Miles on a tank of gas

Bakrauf

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 Sport- True Red
I just completed a trip from Strasburg, to Hampton Virgina and back a total of 202 miles each way. I probably could have pushed for 440 but didnt want to take any chances. I drove 70-75 mph all the was down with no traffic. On the way back the traffic was terrible. It was stop and go all the way on 64 to Richmond. And I-95 north was just as bad. I figured the 0-70 and back to a standstill 1000 times cut down on my full milage a bit. Or it could have made me get better fuel milage going 5-10 mph for 60 miles..lol. It took me 3 1/2 hours to get down there and 5 1/2 to get back.

437 is my record and probably the highest I have seen posted as of yet. I belive my milage thingy says an averag of 33.4 MPG but we all know that is off a few miles.

I am lucky if i can get half that, but I drive my car like I stole it. All city miles congrats though, I have a trip to California coming up well see how my car holds up at 95 for 4 hours.

Congrats! I cant seem to get better than 27 with combined driving- I like getting on it too much...

A quick question for you- I test drove a GT and I could choose between the clock and the gas mileage thing.. as well as others.. but I bought a sport and I cant figure it out- is that only a GT thing?

I got 390 today and I only went to the last line on the gauge before empty. Probably could have got a lot more if i pushed it further. I drive a combination of city and highway. I was surprised I got 390 because I had the pedal to the floor a lot on that tank. Yep, I drove it like I stole it a lot on that tank and still somehow got 390!

I got 390 today and I only went to the last line on the gauge before empty. Probably could have got a lot more if i pushed it further. I drive a combination of city and highway. I was surprised I got 390 because I had the pedal to the floor a lot on that tank. Yep, I drove it like I stole it a lot on that tank and still somehow got 390!

You floored it a lot on that tank and you got 390 miles before you even hit the last line on empty? Did you're low fuel light even pop on? That is hard to believe seeing how I drive 60 miles a day, all freeway and with cruise control set at 80-85 the entire way. I think the best I've done is 330 miles when the low light came on. What do you usually get per tank? Damn, I wish I had your car ;) Gas prices are killing me here in socal. I roughly spend almost $300 on gas per month :(

Congrats! I cant seem to get better than 27 with combined driving- I like getting on it too much...

A quick question for you- I test drove a GT and I could choose between the clock and the gas mileage thing.. as well as others.. but I bought a sport and I cant figure it out- is that only a GT thing?

Press and hold the FM/AM and CD buttons before starting the car and keep them pressed while starting the car. You should see DIS On then turn the car off and restart normally. You should then be able to puch the SET button to scroll through the trip computer.

You floored it a lot on that tank and you got 390 miles before you even hit the last line on empty? Did you're low fuel light even pop on? That is hard to believe seeing how I drive 60 miles a day, all freeway and with cruise control set at 80-85 the entire way. I think the best I've done is 330 miles when the low light came on. What do you usually get per tank? Damn, I wish I had your car ;) Gas prices are killing me here in socal. I roughly spend almost $300 on gas per month :(

I get anywhere between 345 and now 390 on a tank. It seems to just keep getting better for me. I have about 10500 miles on it now.

I am lucky if i can get half that, but I drive my car like I stole it. All city miles congrats though, I have a trip to California coming up well see how my car holds up at 95 for 4 hours.

I just did that trip in mine, it holds up fine at 95+! Even hit 130 once.. Of course, this was on a closed circuit, with a professional driver and no animals were injured! (shady)

Oh and to keep it on topic, I averaged 27MPG for the whole trip.

Later,

I just did that trip in mine, it holds up fine at 95+! Even hit 130 once.. Of course, this was on a closed circuit, with a professional driver and no animals were injured! (shady)

Oh and to keep it on topic, I averaged 27MPG for the whole trip.

Later,

Of course... That is good news because generally I am getting like 22 mpg at best (freak)

Got 28MPG (according to my trip computer) on a short roadtrip to VA over the weekend.

I got 390 before with 85% highway driving@ 60mph,but now i have heavier wheels and wider tires don`t know if that is a significant factor but the aircon staying on is definately a significant factor ,because it knocks off a good 3-4mpg so in 14.5 gallons thats around 50miles:)Hehehehehe and over the course of a year,if you are living in South Florida like me and not Maine or Boston,it kind of takes a toll my friends,especially on the engine as well,so sometimes i do wish i had lived in a colder climate,i would have got far more mileage and performance,not to mention less depreciation,wear and tare.Unless dry and less poluted hot,humid and salty climates like Miami is not a good place for cars in general.Or the bloody I-95 down here for that matter,very congested lots of 18 wheelers and fumes:)

Using 93octane.

Got 28MPG (according to my trip computer) on a short roadtrip to VA over the weekend.

So in reality it was more like 25mpg then (the computer is optimistic by about 3mpg). You should do the calculation at the gas station as you fill up the tank. *^_^*

I just took a trip from NH to MD and on 1 tank got 30.5mpg and the other 32.1mpg this number were taken from gas added to a full tank and then divided by how many miles driven, not the computer.

Back