4"x4" vs Mazda 3...I am pissed

kjohn

:
2008.5 Mazda 3s GT manual
I am so effing pissed. This morning on my way to work, going 75mph down the interstate a 2 foot long 4"x4" comes out bouncing from under the truck in front of me(he probably hit it too) and smacks my front end right near the passenger side fog light. Now the frontclip has a 4-6" crack, its dented, and the fog light was damaged. I was late for work so I havent taken a picture yet and who knows if there is any damage to the underside of the car(I heard it smack down there too). Can anyone tell me where to get a new front clip for a 2008.5 mazda 3 grand touring? Or do you think this is repairable? I am not able to go out to the car to take pics until tonight, but I will post some later.... a sad day, please help!

That sucks, but at least it didn't come through the windshield and hit you.

here are the pics, I guess in retrospect it could have been a lot worse, I still need to get it on a lift to see if there is any other damage to the undercarraige, but just a new front bumper cover and a new fog light assembly is going to be about 600 not including paint or labor.

Attachments

• 2010-08-05_mazda3-1.jpg
    2010-08-05_mazda3-1.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 334
  • 2010-08-05_mazda3-2.jpg
    2010-08-05_mazda3-2.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 264
  • 2010-08-05_mazda3-3.jpg
    2010-08-05_mazda3-3.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 269
reading the title I thought it was an SUV...a 2 foot long 4x4??? until I decided to use my brain....

anyways, I'm sorry about that. but definitely could have been A LOT worse

haha i thought the same thing mike.. and john it could of been a lot worse as everyone has said im glad its not as bad as i thought it was going to look.

well that definitely sucks, but thats got nothing on backing up chevy malibu vs stationary mazda 3...id know lol

Hey, on the bright side, just like Chibana said, at least you didn't get hurt.
Cars, they're replaceable. Parts? Repairable/replaceable. You? Irreplaceable.
This incident could've been much worse for you.

here are the pics, I guess in retrospect it could have been a lot worse, I still need to get it on a lift to see if there is any other damage to the undercarriage, but just a new front bumper cover and a new fog light assembly is going to be about 600 not including paint or labor.

Sorry this happened to you. Glad you're OK though.
I am not a professional body guy, but I'm thinking:
1) Plastic welder and a heat gun might just do the trick on the bumper.
2) Fog light is history for sure.
3) Be sure to check for further damage to the suspension and/or wheel(s) as well as any damage that may have occurred behind the bumper cover to the bumper support/foam. It looks low enough to me that that may not have been affected though.

I hit a 12 foot ladder in the middle of the interstate one morning on the way to wrk this was the damage plus 2 months later a piece of tire from a 18 wheeler took out my other fog light wtf right

2a1d3c99.jpg

I hit a 12 foot ladder in the middle of the interstate one morning on the way to wrk this was the damage plus 2 months later a piece of tire from a 18 wheeler took out my other fog light wtf right

2a1d3c99.jpg

lmao, sorry looks like your mazda is smiling with missing teeth :D

Back