3rd Annual Pittsburgh Mazda Dyno Day, April 17th

Have you tried a 626 V6 caliper? IIRC they're they same.

my car has been running pretty good lately.. i just dont want to blow it up.. if i had a beater car i wouldnt be scared.. maybe one pull? lol

So explain how this works for a newb (me). I show up, get in line with the rest of the cats, then when it's my turn, they pull my car up, strap it to the dyno, then accelerate to 2nd or 3rd gear, then WOT to redline, the dyno reads that pull, then coast down to cruising speed again, repeat 2 more times?

I don't have any tuning capabilites in my car so one pull is really all I need. But 3 pulls would give me a more precise hp/torque average, right?

My cars motor is pretty healthy so I'm not too worries about the 3 redline pulls, but if it's unnecessary, then I'm fine with one pull so I can let the other guys go. But I'll still pay the $47, no worries.

It's hard to say which pull will be best. Sometimes it can be the first one, some times the 3rd one. It's not like it takes a lot of time to do 3 pulls. Most dynos I've seen, it takes longer to actually put the car on the roller than it does to actually do it.

yeah you pay 47 whether you want 1,2, or 3 pulls (if your just coming to hang out its 7 for the lunch)
my personal experience with my car is that the 3rd pull has been the best pull... atleast its been that way for me the last 2 years haha

its a dyno in a guys personal garage so we all park in his driveway (between the house and garage) and hang out while they prep a car on the dyno, then they make sure eveything is good to go and do the pull in 3rd gear (they stop pulling at your desired rmp... ex: you want them to stop at 5500rpm instead of a 6500rpm redline cause you are more comfortable with that)...

the great thing about this place is the fact that its so laid back since it is all mikes personal "toys" and its kinda out in the middle of nowhwere the drive is fun and its just as much fun to hang out bs and see what other guys cars hit as it is your own...

last year kenny and i had a friendly wager to see who put down more... im coming for you this year kenny hahaha

i dont remember any friendly wagers.... but if you recall the first year my car only hit like 130 whp... last year it put down 184 whp so just think what i will hit this year.. so bring it and is this true about the 626 v6 calipers? what year 626? cause if i dont get that taken care of i probly wont be dynoing...

did I mention that I'm a maybe?

Pics from two years ago for those who havent seen Mike's place:

31d238ef.jpg

c0361402.jpg

c97c8a0d.jpg

04f483cf.jpg

19927eba.jpg

fe35865d.jpg

413466d4.jpg

d2eb183e.jpg

b21cdd7f.jpg

6b0dc521.jpg

5492cdd7.jpg

80cf5524.jpg

0235a770.jpg

18aaef8f.jpg

d49b2a07.jpg

d2832e3f.jpg

95803d40.jpg

15c4f50c.jpg

154a91ea.jpg

943cc835.jpg

299ec002.jpg

3e4b293b.jpg

d06b02d5.jpg

938aff0b.jpg

876088e7.jpg

6096e24c.jpg

mike said they just finished remodeling the garage and that it looks a bit different so even the pics on the dyno wont look like it did in the pics... haha

just saying... haha

thanks for posting those, just was stating i was just told they were remodeling earlier this year

holy s*** balls!!! they have a dyno in their garage?! i thought that this was a shop??? wow... awesomeness!!!

Wait, it this the 3rd Annual Pittsburgh Mazda Dyno Day?

I don't think that I can make the 3rd one.

Well, maybe... :p

Nice! Was that rev limiter? I'm really excited about this dyno-day.

finaly... mazda found a caliper for $250 and its on its way and should be here by friday. so i should have plenty of time to get everything up and running by the dnyo day.

Back