3m carbon fiber wrap...

How does the 3m stuff compare to real CF when placed side by side? I can see doing the interior with only the 3m wrap and having it look good. But what if you already have some DGM parts installed? Would it look weird to have DGM parts and 3m wrapped parts side by side?

x2. anyone have a pic of it next to real cf?

x2. anyone have a pic of it next to real cf?
Center console is real cf and the passenger is the 3M
PICT0241.jpg

Last edited:
And where are you guys buying this from...how much is it running and for how much...

www.carbonfibergear.com

kinda expensive... but gets a little cheaper the bigger the sheet you buy... hence why i just bought the biggest piece possible... the applications are endless... i still have yet to try and get a piece clear coated to see the effect

any plans on doing major exterior parts like hood, roof or trunk etc...?
i wanna see how it goes and how easy or hard it is cuz im planning on doing this to my white rav4 to get the murano effect... im gonna do it with the matte black though...

35 square feet for $170 shipped???

Sound like a good deal...that is about $4.80 per square foot...

Good price or bad...I am having trouble finding prices...

i know this has been asked before, but i never saw an answer. has anyone clear coated this stuff yet? in the pics it looks like raw CF, but is it possible to clear it? there is another site (decalfx.com) that has some vinal that is extremely close to looking like CF, but it's expensive.

Center console is real cf and the passenger is the 3M
PICT0241.jpg

this stuff does look pretty real, but from this pic and i believe 808's pics you can def. tell the matte finish.

The guys that have bought this stuff, have you guys tried just spraying some clear you can pick up at a parts store to help give it that gloss?

wow. thats way, way, way more expensive than real CF. never thought id say that...
the real deal is about 35 bucks for a 36x50" piece. much more of a headache/mess though.

i know this has been asked before, but i never saw an answer. has anyone clear coated this stuff yet? in the pics it looks like raw CF, but is it possible to clear it? there is another site (decalfx.com) that has some vinal that is extremely close to looking like CF, but it's expensive.

working on it

the decalfx stuff looks pretty cool... the only thing is how the light is reflecting off of the gloss finish instead of the vinyl (carbon fiber) itself... well at least in the video they show... too bad i can't find more videos of ppl applying the carbon 2 stuff

either way... good find... would be nice for someone here to give it a try and let us know how it goes

Last edited:
I'm a Carbon Fiber Junkie and my Ride is built for Show so I have used Carbon Fiber Vinyl/Fabric extensively through out the trunk and interior of my Ride. It didn't seem durable to me to be used on the exterior of my Ride or in the engine bay so I stuck to real Carbon Fiber in those areas. Here is how I used it:

Trunk - Subwoofer Enclosure and Trunk Lid
pictures096-2.jpg

Close-up Subwoofer Emclosure
MSPJanuary2010003.jpg

Custom Front Door Speaker Enclosure
pictures090.jpg

Front Pillar Tweeter Pod. Also Yellow Kelar/Carbon Fiber Pillar Wrap.
MSPJanuary2010008.jpg

Here you go guy's video of local guy that also works with this stuff.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ys_hDHsqtWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ys_hDHsqtWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Back