3? about CX-7

eeps24

1. does it play mp3's?

2. when does the turbo kick in? at a certian mph? if you drive under speeds without turbo will that kill the gas?

3. whats the difference between a turbo engine and V6?

1- If Equipped right, yes.

2- around 2500RPM, and if you are driving around without the turbo in boost it will HELP MPG.

3- I tried but it didn't come out to clear so maybe someone else can chime in?

3. 4 cyl with a turbo vs. 6 cyl engine like Killer stated. The turbo is basically a small turbine compressor. The exhaust spins the back side exhaust housing of the turbo, spinning the shaft to the inlet blades that takes the intake air and compresses it (charged air). The charged air is pushed through the intercooler that sits on top of the engine in our vehicles. And works it's way through the engine as normal until it hits the exhaust where of course the exhaust spins the housing while exiting through the down pipe to the rest of the exhaust. You could think of it as the basic Squish-Bang-Blow principle that is taught in aircraft A&P school when learning about jet engines. I'll try to find the video link that shows how our engine works...

I found it... the following link was originally posted by HeavyH2O in the forced induction section:
http://images.consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/cmsimages/articles/2006_Articles/cx_7/CX-7.wmv

Last edited:
1- If Equipped right, yes.

2- around 2500RPM, and if you are driving around without the turbo in boost it will HELP MPG.

1. does the grand touring without dvd navi play mp3's? or is it only the navi that does?

2. not sure how high 2500RPM's is , could you give me an estimate by MPH

thanks

RPM's depend solely on what gear you are in and what the gear ratio is. Idle speed is generally around 800-1000RPM. Cruising speed on city roads is usually around 1800-3000RPM. Highway speeds can vary between 2500-4000RPM, depending on the above stated factors.

If you are cruising, your gas mileage shouldn't suffer. Just go easy on the gas pedal and you'll be a-ok.

1. does the grand touring without dvd navi play mp3's? or is it only the navi that does?
From what I understand the anything with BOSE plays MP3's so yes but to be sure when you're buying your CX-7 make sure you look at the radio face plate and see if it says MP3 on it, that will tell you if it has it or if it does not have it.
2. not sure how high 2500RPM's is , could you give me an estimate by MPH
thanks
When you get your CX-7 the TACH next to the SPEEDOMETER will tell you, it varies by gear so I don't know exactly.

Back