2k to spend

protigy 5

:
2002 protege 5
im looking for a cheap street bike like 600cc or if anyone knows of a used complete turbo kit for my mp5 that would be great.hit me up,thanks

protigy 5 said:
im looking for a cheap street bike like 600cc or if anyone knows of a used complete turbo kit for my mp5 that would be great.hit me up,thanks
and i paided about $2k for my fzr 600...thats including tagin it, full maintence and insp and the extra i spent on helmet, jacket and a couple "mods"

Titanium said:
pay billz, werd!

I have to agree with this!

If your financial situation is good then I would suggest a motorcycle. Turboing a N/A car will cost you a ton of money in the long run. Ask anyone that has done it and they will tell you that it's not as simple as slapping on the turbo and having fun.

When I dropped the SR20DET in my 240 I thought it was going to be swap and have fun...I was soooo wrong. I was just lucky enough to sell the car for the same amount that I put into it. And that was with a factory turbo engine.

Just make sure to factor in the following just to get started:

Turbo
Manifold
Injectors
Fuel Pump
Fuel rail (depending on the setup)
Clutch
Fuel/Engine Management
Fittings (oil/coolant)
Intercooler
Custom Piping
Exhaust/Downpipe

Then you have to set money in reserve for the stuff you will inevitably break. The saying "cheap/fast/reliable, pick two" is very true.

yeah i would really like to get the bike.i just sold my cruiser so thats the reason i have the money anyways.ive been lookin on cl for some decent bikes but they go so fast.

i would say get an sv650, cheap and fast and reliable. . .lol you got to pick 3 there, almost any bike will be faster than 99% of the cars on the road anyway

I just got a 99 ZX6R for 2300, needs minor bodywork, but otherwise killer. Keep an eye on Craigslist, you'll eventually find something. Oh, and ZoomZoomH, love the avatar, funniest video ever.

protigy 5 said:
yeah i would really like to get the bike.i just sold my cruiser so thats the reason i have the money anyways.ive been lookin on cl for some decent bikes but they go so fast.

how many miles you have under your belt before you sold the cruiser?

i would suggest the SV650 also, i love mine. good bit of low end torque and a nice smooth powerband all the way through. they sit more upright than any SS 600's, and seem the controls are more forgiving and less tempermental. as far as getting one for 2k, that might be a little tough, but who knows...

that and the fact that they are just great lookin bikes too... heres mine

Attachments

• DSCN0219.JPG
    DSCN0219.JPG
    633.7 KB · Views: 92
ive got enough miles under my belt that i feel comfortable to move up.i know im not ready for a 1000 or 1200cc quite yet.thats why i want like a 500 or 600cc.im really likin the naked bikes.ive found a few older ones but they are way up in northern md.too far for me.i dont mind if there is cosmetic damage.that doesnt bother me at all.when something needs fixin just gives me somethin to do!

ok found an fzr600 in reston that im gonna go look at today.he wants 1800 for it.

Attachments

• fzr600.jpg
    fzr600.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 88
lol i have an f4i only because i couldn't find an sv. i may still pick one up one day since i think they are fun little bikes and they sound sick

ArcanaP5 said:
how many miles you have under your belt before you sold the cruiser?

i would suggest the SV650 also, i love mine. good bit of low end torque and a nice smooth powerband all the way through. they sit more upright than any SS 600's, and seem the controls are more forgiving and less tempermental. as far as getting one for 2k, that might be a little tough, but who knows...

that and the fact that they are just great lookin bikes too... heres mine

The fairings on your bike really set it off.

picking up the fizzer600 in the morning.sweet ride but is a lil tall for me.im 6 foot and still have to toe it.it has dogbones on it and i think a 19 inch rear wheel.guess i will play around with it tomorrow and see if i cant drop it a lil.gonna be in the 60's so perfect for ridin.

Back