295.62hp / 276.31tq @ 10psi - Scion tC

2words- Don't bother with an new Si, they are garbage. And thats bad comin from a Honda guy. The motors are nice, but those cars are tanks for being a hatch back.
The Tc's are an awesome base.
Good luck.

n2o99civicsi said:
2words- Don't bother with an new Si, they are garbage. And thats bad comin from a Honda guy. The motors are nice, but those cars are tanks for being a hatch back.
The Tc's are an awesome base.
Good luck.
i like the honda but the TC seem sweet and like you said a good base.. i was thinking a rsx-s head onthe si and bolt ons would be around 200whp. but this guy with the turbo on the white tc is insane..

Slap some nice Toda cams on that K20A2 head and you can pull about 20 more hp out of it! The K20A2 (rsx-s) is an awesome motor and is already being put into older hatchbacks and whooping on EVO 8's. The aftermarket availablility is already huge for the K-series motors. But I'm sure it's growing nicely for the Tc too.

RyanJayG said:
good job none the less... you have any idea of the limits of that engine before things start to grenade?

Well i had it up to 14psi last night and its still going. I actually got it running alot richer so its safer than it was before. @ 14psi it was running a steady 12.6:1 AFR, and it seams like these cars like it at 13:1 so its good.

I am a Toyota tuner so from experience i know that the Toyota parts are built overly damn strong. What i am most afraid of is the stress on these new aluminum open deck blocks. The only experience i have with aluminum open decks and forced induction, are basically Hondas. I have run 20psi on a b18 with a thicker head gasket with no problems but this was on race fuel. I did turbo a d16 civic which runs as much as 13psi, has over 100,000 miles on it, and has been going for over three years now. So I am very confident that 10psi is safe for the engine and will have no side effects on wear. The other thing that concerns me is the valvesprings are very soft (to maximize fuel economy), so I may include a set of those in the stage III kit.

I'm sure it won't be long before I start running 20psi, so we will find out the limits of the engine and what breaks first.

jms001 said:
Well i had it up to 14psi last night and its still going. I actually got it running alot richer so its safer than it was before. @ 14psi it was running a steady 12.6:1 AFR, and it seams like these cars like it at 13:1 so its good.

I am a Toyota tuner so from experience i know that the Toyota parts are built overly damn strong. What i am most afraid of is the stress on these new aluminum open deck blocks. The only experience i have with aluminum open decks and forced induction, are basically Hondas. I have run 20psi on a b18 with a thicker head gasket with no problems but this was on race fuel. I did turbo a d16 civic which runs as much as 13psi, has over 100,000 miles on it, and has been going for over three years now. So I am very confident that 10psi is safe for the engine and will have no side effects on wear. The other thing that concerns me is the valvesprings are very soft (to maximize fuel economy), so I may include a set of those in the stage III kit.

I'm sure it won't be long before I start running 20psi, so we will find out the limits of the engine and what breaks first.
Dude, you have to get up with me when I go down there in March. Im going to be house hunting and moving down there perm.WOOT!

jms001 said:

so just clear it up for me, you are the owner of the white turbo tc, or you are the owner of a different turbo tc? Regardless, very nice car

Emode said:
so just clear it up for me, you are the owner of the white turbo tc, or you are the owner of a different turbo tc? Regardless, very nice car

Yes I am the owner, fabricator, and tuner of the white tC. I am the owner of www.ScionSpeed.com (DBA: Jamasco Race Engineering Inc.)

Thank you for the compliments

forgot to update you guys

bonesmp5 said:
its know at 327 whp @ 12psi on 93 octane --

tc327dyno1.jpg

new dyno

lsdp20.jpg

new twin disc clutch and flywheel

lsdp13.jpg

new limited slip diff

The stock clutch was slipping badly at 12psi, so had it upgraded and upgraded a couple more things while i had the tranny out. We are planning a trip to the track, so will post 1/4 mile times this week some time.

More pics and videos of the dyno run are at www.scionspeed.com.

Hey -- jms001 -- when i was watching the video -- i noticed that your engine had alot of movement -- have you or do you plan on upgrading the mounts ????

bonesmp5 said:
Hey -- jms001 -- when i was watching the video -- i noticed that your engine had alot of movement -- have you or do you plan on upgrading the mounts ????

If you look in the background of the clutch pic, you can see the rear engine mount is now polyurethane, hopefully this will take care of the engine movement completely. We will see when we get back on the dyno, so far it feels alot better than it did.

Back