22 months old and out of warranty :-(

MD5

:
06 Carbon Gray Touring 5
I just rolled over 50k yesterday, and it's only 22 months old...

I sure hope she stays reliable... It's been in the shop twice, once for a power steering pump hose at about 38k miles, and again a couple weeks ago for a tensioner going bad...

i kinda envy for 06 people,, for they have "longer, better" warranty than i do.

i wonder why 06 was the only year Mazda offered longer warranty ??

(bicker)

06 wasn't the only year

i kinda envy for 06 people,, for they have "longer, better" warranty than i do.

i wonder why 06 was the only year Mazda offered longer warranty ??

(bicker)

Mazda offered that warrnty for a while. Most automakers reasses warranty based on competition in the market. Mazda aligned themselves with the other Japanese brands.

In my case I'll probably hit 3 years prior to 36,000. Then again all I'm concerned about is the powertrain which is for 5/60

BTW I like the look of your 5. We have an 06 sport, but I like your nose and wheels better :)

I rolled over 50 in about the same time, I am now at 57,000. Fingers crossed.

I'm at about 50,180 now. We also have a 2003 Excursion (bought new in Feb 04) with 88k miles on it. We put the miles on the 5 because the Excursion has a 100k warranty. If the Excursion breaks, it's a hell of a lot more expensive to fix than the 5.

I have 22,750 on mine and it just turned eight months old! my warranty doen't have long for this earth. Which is fine, I see a Thunder header and a Borla ss exhaust in my future... Oh and I sure hope it doesn't break also LOL

i paid $1500 for a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty when i bought mine new.

i paid $1500 for a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty when i bought mine new.

I considered it, but usually any car will last 100k miles and you end up paying for an extended warranty for nothing.

I quit buying the extended warranty on cars under $20k.

I decided against the extra cost extension when I found out the engine had a timing chain. Not because that made sense all by itself but it kind of showed me that Mazdas engineers where on the ball. That and all ther things I wish a warranty would pay for it never doe's (or will) Like shocks, struts, tires, brakes, clutches, wiper blades, etc. You know the stuff that wears out. LOL

I went thru that when I bought my Miata (in 1992) I paid extra for an add-on warranty, and NEVER NEEDED TO USE IT. If I was buying some complicated German thing with lots of electrical gadgets, I'd get the extended warranty but I really don't think we need them on 5's.

And now that I said this, I'll probably need to take my 5 in a bunch of times for stuff, right? Oops.

I've had my car in twice so far.

First for a defective power steering hose, and second for a bad tensioner and for the bushings.

I hope everything else is good, because from now on out it's coming out of my pocket.

Well good luck. My 5 seems pretty solid still, Mazdas seem to be pretty well screwed together.

Back