2020 Mazda CX-9 Won’t start…Help

Happy holidays to everyone

I have a 2020 Mazda cx9 that I have not used or started for about 2 weeks now. I went this morning to remote start her and it didn’t function. I figure it was the viper app. Then I went to the car and it would not start. However the ash is displaying multiple mal functions such as the oils level sensor, smart city brake assist sensor, front camera malfunction, blind spot monitoring sensor.
I checked all the levels of fluids and all seems in order. I also tried the electric e brake clicking it and the same.
Can anyone assist on any advice. It has low miles on it and idk if I’m still under warranty but will contact Mazda now also

Not super knowledgeable with cars but maybe could it be that the battery needs a jump start since it hasn’t been used in 2.5 weeks??
Though a part of me feels it has power to give me dash codes and open the doors w the remote

A dead battery will give off all kind of warning light in the dash. First thing to try would be to jumpstart the battery. It is normal for it to have enough power for the dash to light up and unlock doors but not turning the engine over when pressing the start button.

A dead battery will give off all kind of warning light in the dash. First thing to try would be to jumpstart the battery. It is normal for it to have enough power for the dash to light up and unlock doors but not turning the engine over when pressing the start button.
thanks so much Youri. I am waiting for my neighbor to get home who has a jump starter and planning to attempt that. Mazda road side assistance wasn’t even available when I contacted them smh.
I will keep you posted and hope this is the case

If it's the original battery, it's very possible that the issue is a dead (or dying) battery. If your car is still within the basic warranty period (3 yrs or 36k mi), the battery is covered. Refer to page 12 of the Warranty Booklet.

I'd drive it to your dealership and get them to put in a new battery if it's still under warranty. Maybe that will fix the problem.
Thanks for your reply and information. My cx9 is under 35k miles but according to Mazda it’s over 3 years and the battery won’t be covered. A bunch of jargon basically I won’t get into detail now but long story short I would have to pay for a battery if that’s the case. My neighbor who has a jump start didn’t arrive back and I had to go into work so I left her for later. Fingers crossed this is the issue and I will try to order a portable jump start today to have.
If I have to order a battery I guess I’ll stick with oem

Thanks for your reply and information. My cx9 is under 35k miles but according to Mazda it’s over 3 years and the battery won’t be covered. A bunch of jargon basically I won’t get into detail now but long story short I would have to pay for a battery if that’s the case. My neighbor who has a jump start didn’t arrive back and I had to go into work so I left her for later. Fingers crossed this is the issue and I will try to order a portable jump start today to have.
If I have to order a battery I guess I’ll stick with oem

You can try to call the dealership and get them to goodwill the battery replacement. They will likely turn you down after checking to see if its in warranty (don't admit that its out of warranty, just say you're not sure), but you never know. You might get a service rep who's in a good mood and is feeling generous.

If you have to buy a new battery, do not buy it from the dealer. You can get a Group 35 battery from Walmart or Costco for much cheaper.

You can try to call the dealership and get them to goodwill the battery replacement. They will likely turn you down after checking to see if its in warranty (don't admit that its out of warranty, just say you're not sure), but you never know. You might get a service rep who's in a good mood and is feeling generous.

If you have to buy a new battery, do not buy it from the dealer. You can get a Group 35 battery from Walmart or Costco for much cheaper.
Thanks so much. My cousin just told me the same thing. It was the battery. He drove by and used his jump starter and it started right up. He let it warm up for 20 mins and all is good. Thank you 🙏 to you and Youri for chiming in.
I’m certain my local dealer will definitely shut that down. They are very pricey. But I’ll give it a shot.
When I first went with this cx9 it came with rear entertainment which I removed. Good thing I didn’t have it on utilizing more battery drain etc.

If I go with a non oem battery do u think Optima will be the best choice?

Tyvm Youri. It was the battery. My cousin went over my home and jump started her and all is good now. Tyvm. God bless

Back