2018 Mazda2 Turbo or Supercharger Kit Options?

Hello,
I am stuck. I have a beautiful Mazda 2 which is slightly modified but I have found it is underpowered. It’s a 1.5 Skyactiv g, originally 90bhp now 128bhp with a remap. I have hunted for a turbo kit or even supercharger and cannot find anything. Can anyone suggest anything to get more power out of this thing.

Hello,
I am stuck. I have a beautiful Mazda 2 which is slightly modified but I have found it is underpowered. It’s a 1.5 Skyactiv g, originally 90bhp now 128bhp with a remap. I have hunted for a turbo kit or even supercharger and cannot find anything. Can anyone suggest anything to get more power out of this thing.
Whats the end game for this car ?

Unless this is a project car, the amount of $$ put into this could best be spent on a new car(or newer used car) especially if this is your daily driver.

Risk versus reward isn't worth it.

Lose some curb weight, modify your car's intake system, exhaust system and slap the smallest lightest rim/tire combo on there so you can to get some extra torque and be done. Find the smallest rim size you can fit over the brakes.

I come from a generation in which OEM turbos would blow engines.

Nowadays, OEM turbos are still putting extra stress and wear on the engine but at least the car and engine is designed to handle the turbo setup.

I'm sure you could find some backyard YouTube video to turn any car into a turbo, if your willing to try.

But your gonna have to upgrade the fuel lines, exhaust, possibly the ECU and who knows what else. And you still could blow the engine. The engine might need bored out and modified to handle the extra power.

Your only other option would be to see if you could fit a 2.5 skyactiv from the junkyard in your car but even those used engines are expensive.

Imo, the amount of $$ spent on doing the above could best be spent elsewhere. You can't turn a Mazda into a Maserati.

And if it's your daily driver, you're gonna be SOL when you blow the engine and can't get to work.

Last edited:
Hello,
Can I ask where you got your remap done and how much it cost?

Back