2016 Transfer case

I might be wrong as I didn't actually see the case, but after taking my 2013 in for an oil change, during a slow time the tech showed me the specs and diagram of the 2016 Transfer case and it appears to have a drain as well as a fill plug. You have to get under the car to do it but it's there. They also told me that there is a 30k fluid change recommendation if the case gets submerged or driven in harsh conditions, otherwise it's 60k miles for that. I think they may have learned their lesson. In hindsight I should have asked about the tranny too.

Next time I'm in I'll ask if they can do a print out for me.

The fact that they have a recommended fluid change schedule means there is almost certainly a fill and drain plug.

I might be wrong as I didn't actually see the case, but after taking my 2013 in for an oil change, during a slow time the tech showed me the specs and diagram of the 2016 Transfer case and it appears to have a drain as well as a fill plug. You have to get under the car to do it but it's there. They also told me that there is a 30k fluid change recommendation if the case gets submerged or driven in harsh conditions, otherwise it's 60k miles for that. I think they may have learned their lesson. In hindsight I should have asked about the tranny too.
New 2nd-gen CX-9 implements full SkyActiv Technologies and the design of automatic transmission、in case of AWD the transfer case、rear differential are the same as CX-5. CX-5 has drain and fill plugs on these three, so new CX-9 should be the same. The maintenance schedule is similar, other than the routine gear lubricant replacement schedule is missing on CX-9!

Back