2016 LED Headlight & Taillight Retrofit to 2015 w/tech

I don't believe it is due to the temp the bulbs burn at. They are both cooled a different way as well

tail lights just plug and play to ur car, the head lamp have some issue for the wiring of adaptive LED, so far i saw a taiwan owner has successful enable the LED DRL

It's probably worth pointing out that there isn't likely any performance advantage to the LED headlights if you already have HID's. It's the trendy new tech, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the useable output of the LED lights is actually less than the older HID's.

This might be quite true. While I have never been in a CX5 with HIDs, the CX5 I am currently picking up today has the tech package with LED headlights. I did take it out for a test drive at night on purpose, because of this. The low beam is quite dim compared to both my OEM Mini Countryman HIDs, and Mini H1 retrofit HID on my Honda Fit. The high beam is quite nice though. Not sure about the fogs, but I never find fogs to be worth ever turning on. Even in the fog.
I do know some LED headlights, like the Murano, and most of the Acura Angel Eyes, are spot on AMAZING headlights. The tech is getting there, but not this year for Mazda.

tail lights just plug and play to ur car, the head lamp have some issue for the wiring of adaptive LED, so far i saw a taiwan owner has successful enable the LED DRL

is the harness the same for 2015 tail lights with 2016 LED tail lights?

This might be quite true. While I have never been in a CX5 with HIDs, the CX5 I am currently picking up today has the tech package with LED headlights. I did take it out for a test drive at night on purpose, because of this. The low beam is quite dim compared to both my OEM Mini Countryman HIDs, and Mini H1 retrofit HID on my Honda Fit. The high beam is quite nice though. Not sure about the fogs, but I never find fogs to be worth ever turning on. Even in the fog.
I do know some LED headlights, like the Murano, and most of the Acura Angel Eyes, are spot on AMAZING headlights. The tech is getting there, but not this year for Mazda.

I wonder if someone here has done a comparison between the CX-5 with HIDs vs. LEDs. Here or somewhere I'm sure someone must have compared them.

A-ha, found it: https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/fo...2013-CX-5-OEM-HID-vs-2016-CX-5-OEM-LED-(RHD)=

Last edited:
i swap my old taillight with new taillight and its work perfect but i dont know about the headlight led we want someone to confirm if the connector is the same!

i swap my old taillight with new taillight and its work perfect but i dont know about the headlight led we want someone to confirm if the connector is the same!

Great stuff. I want to change the tail lights too but wish I could a good price for the OEM LED tail lights.

Great stuff. I want to change the tail lights too but wish I could a good price for the OEM LED tail lights.

its genuine part price not an aftermarket made ،، its give the car nice look form behind and i love it i hope i wil made it with new headlight led in the future : )

Has anyone figured out the difficulty of making the 2016 GT LED headlights work on the older models? I picked up a headlight to experiment with
I noticed the harness is different...

So the deal on the CX-5 I was going to buy didn't go through. Here are some pics of the headlights. I guess the 2 main issues would be the connectors and the software that controls the leveling and adaptive functions. I'm tempted to buy them anyway and resell them if they don't work.

attachment.php

attachment.php

(2) questions:

1) If the connector is different, isn't it just a matter of mapping the pin outs of the existing vehicle connector (or splicing it) into a matching connector to the new headlight assembly? I mean, that's pretty basic wiring 101 for powering up the assemblies.

2) Do you REALLY need the self leveling and adaptive functions to be working? I mean, sure, maybe some folks do - but most are looking for those assemblies off the Tech package because of the integrated LED DRL's and to use HID bulbs over standard Touring headlight assemblies.

So did you try tinkering with them to at least see if you could power them up?

Back