2016 GS Console arm rest

Pic-pete

:
Mazda CX 5 GS
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I am a new owner and I have found that the center armrest on my CX5 GS with Leather is extremely hard. I did not notice this when I took a test drive and have also seen a youtube review where they praise the soft arm rest on a GT Model.
I was wondering if anyone else has found the armrest to be uncomfortable and if anyone knows if this changes from model to model.
Anyone know if this can be changed?
Thanks in advance.

The easiest way to find out your question is to go back your dealer and compare the GT console arm rest to yours. The arm rest is not the ideal as it's too narrow for driver to be comfortable. It's definitely interchangeable between different trim level as long as the cover is matching your original.

I dont think there is enough padding the armrest. I've considered going to an upholstery shop and having my armrest redone.

So, I went to check out the arm rest differences at the dealer today and found that the leather armrest in the GT model is a soft, stitched leather to match the leather seats. Maybe not much padding Stavs, but still leather.
The arm rest I received on my GS model with the "Luxury Leather" upgrade is the same hard rubber rest that comes with the cloth seats on the standard packages.
The dealer is looking into it, but I am not hopeful.
I have e-mailed Mazda Canada in hopes of a response.
I feel like I paid for the $1600 upgrade, but didn't get the complete package!

Leather-trimmed upholstery
8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Leather-wrapped shift knob

unfortunately you got what you paid for, no mention of the armrest in the lux pgk

"Stavs...I dont think there is enough padding the armrest. I've considered going to an upholstery shop and having my armrest redone."

The Upholstery shop is probably your best bet...both for COMFORT and LOOKS! You will probably get a decent price, hand pick color match as well as leather quality and at the least, no surprises!

(deleted duplicate post)..by author

Last edited:
Leather-trimmed upholstery
8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Leather-wrapped shift knob

unfortunately you got what you paid for, no mention of the armrest in the lux pgk

I guess you can interpret it that way, but you can also look at "upholstery" as an arm rest which is part of the seat.
Either way we'll see how Mazda responds.

"Stavs...I dont think there is enough padding the armrest. I've considered going to an upholstery shop and having my armrest redone."

The Upholstery shop is probably your best bet...both for COMFORT and LOOKS! You will probably get a decent price, hand pick color match as well as leather quality and at the least, no surprises!

I can't imagine it would be that expensive either. I spend a lot of time in my car for work, so its a huge pain point for me.

So today I got the new leather arm rest installed in my GS with the leather upgrade.
After some discussion with the dealership, they agreed to order one in and install the arm rest at no charge.
Although, it is not part of the upgrade package, I believe that the felt that this was a good move in working towards creating a long term customer in service as well as repeat or referred business.
My sales rep. Was great and it's good to know the dealership was approachable and truly concerned with my satisfaction.

So today I got the new leather arm rest installed in my GS with the leather upgrade.
After some discussion with the dealership, they agreed to order one in and install the arm rest at no charge.
Although, it is not part of the upgrade package, I believe that the felt that this was a good move in working towards creating a long term customer in service as well as repeat or referred business.
My sales rep. Was great and it's good to know the dealership was approachable and truly concerned with my satisfaction.
It's great to get a new leather arm rest you had asked. This is a good dealership to deal with. I bet there are very few dealers are willing to do this for a customer. Once the new car is out of the door, you're on your own!

Back