2016 CX-5 non Bose to Bose

SoulRedCX5

:
CX5 FaceLift 2015 Non Bose
my CX5 2.5L with 7 inch display did not equipped with bose sound system..
is it possible to buy the bose amp module then plug and play to the current audio system ?
seem the HU is the same with the upper version of the cx-5 ( different on bose and rims only )

is it will be major ? include changing the cable harnesses ?

Thanks..

I wouldn't bother. Just buy aftermarket speakers like the Polk db's and throw them in. The bose speakers are overrated and at the end of the day they are just cheap paper cones. Go aftermarket for sure. Search the forum for cx-5 sport speakers and it'll show how to add tweeters in the dash that are already wired. Good luck.

Yea don't go with the bose. As far as the system in the cx-5 is concerned, it does more for itself due to the name "bose" on it than actual performance.

Bose is Crap for this kind of car. I only got the "9 speaker" system because I couldn't get the trim I wanted without it.

Just replaced mine with Audison gear. Installer was able to tap off the low level audio feed from the head unit. This perfect possible - don't let a car audio dealer tell you you have to use the output form the Bose amp.

Thanks All.. yeah.. last weekend i ask my friend to open his cx-5 bose dash speaker.. looking on it's appearance seem like a cheap speaker.. thanks to all , i have purchased polk 3.5, to start with the dash speaker.. was thinking to get center speaker for voice.. but i guess need to do some more research on it.

Thanks folks.

Does anyone have wiring diagrams or know rear speaker colors for 2016 CX-5 Touring (non bose) to line drop for sub?

Back