2015 Mazda CX-5?

First off hello everyone on site! Second is thank you Calcat for the info. I was very very close to buying a 2014 CX-5. I'm going to hold off til the 2015 comes out next year. I hope it comes out before summer. =)
I am in the same boat. After learning of these changes, I decided to wait for the 2015 Cx-5. I think I would regret it if I didn't wait. Given that the upgrades have been announced, it behooves Mazda to release it as soon as possible as savvy buyers like us are holding off buying. These changes address and solve some navigation and iPod integration issues as well as providing a nicer interior. I look for an unveiling at the LA Auto Show in November and a release in January like how the current model was introduced last year. But anything is possible.

I am in the same boat. After learning of these changes, I decided to wait for the 2015 Cx-5. I think I would regret it if I didn't wait. Given that the upgrades have been announced, it behooves Mazda to release it as soon as possible as savvy buyers like us are holding off buying. These changes address and solve some navigation and iPod integration issues as well as providing a nicer interior. I look for an unveiling at the LA Auto Show in November and a release in January like how the current model was introduced last year. But anything is possible.

Oh they are going to show it at the LA Auto Show! I'm going to attend for sure. I guess we both can be the first 2015 model owners here in SoCal lol. Btw which dealer are you going to purchase yours through? That would be nice if it's released around Jan, I just said Summer to not get my hopes up too much haha.
-Ricky

I am holding off too, although I am not concerned as much with "tech" options. What I want are additional color and trim options with a manual transmission. If that doesn't happen then, I will exploring other offerings.

Oh they are going to show it at the LA Auto Show! I'm going to attend for sure. I guess we both can be the first 2015 model owners here in SoCal lol. Btw which dealer are you going to purchase yours through? That would be nice if it's released around Jan, I just said Summer to not get my hopes up too much haha.
-Ricky

That's just my guess because last year The Mazda 6 and 2014 Cx-5 (primarily the larger 2.5L engine) were unveiled. Haven't decide yet. It depends on which dealer has the color/model I want and how far below invoice they are willing to go. I plan on a getting quotes from at least 3 dealers through their Internet dept. Can you recommend a dealer?

I am holding off too, although I am not concerned as much with "tech" options. What I want are additional color and trim options with a manual transmission. If that doesn't happen then, I will exploring other offerings.

What are the other options in the US for this type of vehicle with a manual transmission on a nicely equipped model?

The only options that I can think of are the VW Tiguan and the Subaru Forester and they only offer a manual transmission on the entry level models.

It is very unlikely that MT will ever be available in all but the entry level CX-5. The market just isn't there. This almost was a deal breaker for me, since I have always been a MT guy. In the end, the CX-5 was still heads above the competition in so many other ways, I got it anyway. And you know what? The AT is actually pretty good! And there is always the pseudo-manual mode for when you want to have a little more fun...

well its a good sign when the new 2014 Mazda6 came out in Touring trim with MT, so there is some hope.

That's just my guess because last year The Mazda 6 and 2014 Cx-5 (primarily the larger 2.5L engine) were unveiled. Haven't decide yet. It depends on which dealer has the color/model I want and how far below invoice they are willing to go. I plan on a getting quotes from at least 3 dealers through their Internet dept. Can you recommend a dealer?

The only dealer I dealt with was Galpin Mazda in Valencia since its down the street from me lol. I went last month and got $XXXX.00 below invoice, roof rails & cargo cover (free), 10 yr 100,000 miles extended warranty (real cheap price I forgot though) 2014 Grand Touring (Sky Blue Mica, though I want White now!) w/Tech Pkg. Also helps I'm military so got major discounts haha.
So if they were able to get me this price, ,I'm positive I will get a better price for 2015. I may also suggest Galpin Mazda in Van Nuys, as its always cheaper to buy cars in the Valley! Lol

The only dealer I dealt with was Galpin Mazda in Valencia since its down the street from me lol. I went last month and got $XXXX.00 below invoice, roof rails & cargo cover (free), 10 yr 100,000 miles extended warranty (real cheap price I forgot though) 2014 Grand Touring (Sky Blue Mica, though I want White now!) w/Tech Pkg. Also helps I'm military so got major discounts haha.
So if they were able to get me this price, ,I'm positive I will get a better price for 2015. I may also suggest Galpin Mazda in Van Nuys, as its always cheaper to buy cars in the Valley! Lol

I am going to check out Galpin Mazda in Van Nuys because they have a good inventory to select from. I am interested in a Meteor Gray GT w/ Tech Pkg and roof rails. My second color choice is white. I am getting the customer loyalty cash. A number of folks got great deals from Puente Hills Mazda but unless the deal is a few hundred less than Galpins, it's not worth the drive for me. Their inventory seem pretty depleted, however.

I am going to check out Galpin Mazda in Van Nuys because they have a good inventory to select from. I am interested in a Meteor Gray GT w/ Tech Pkg and roof rails. My second color choice is white. I am getting the customer loyalty cash. A number of folks got great deals from Puente Hills Mazda but unless the deal is a few hundred less than Galpins, it's not worth the drive for me. Their inventory seem pretty depleted, however.

Yeah Puente Hills is a distant from me, I actually had to google it since I never heard of it before lol. I liked the Gray but to me it made the Mazda look smaller compare to some other colors.. Maybe it's just me haha. I will be negotiating between Valencia and Van Nuys... Seem like the 2 largest dealers here in LA. Might also consider Santa Monica Mazda just because I'm always there on the weekends.

Just a random thought, would be nice if the 2015 has the following (Grand Touring):
Memory Drivers Seat
All 4 windows w/ auto up/down, or at least the front two windows (all trims)
Rear Seats w/ recline
Power Trunk Lid
Optional Rear Entertainment System (for those with kids or entertain their passengers)
I was using MSN Auto comparison and noticed other competitors offer the above, not too sure about rear seats recline.(comparison w/ CRV, RAV4 & Escape)

What are the other options in the US for this type of vehicle with a manual transmission on a nicely equipped model?

The only options that I can think of are the VW Tiguan and the Subaru Forester and they only offer a manual transmission on the entry level models.

well its a good sign when the new 2014 Mazda6 came out in Touring trim with MT, so there is some hope.

The 6 is on my list as an alternate. I really need to replace my Escape with a CUV but I would go with a sedan for the manual to get some options. I am tired of buying stripped vehicles to get a manual only to end having to go aftermarket to get some of the features I want.

I have been lurking the forums for some time, researching the CX-5. I have been driving manuals for many years and until recently, I could find a reasonably well-equipped vehicle with a manual. For instance, I owned a loaded Frontier 4x4 SE V6 manual with cruise and all the goodies. It seems now that the manufacturers think manuals are for color-blind peasants only (e.g. - CX-5 Sport in black/grey/silver and limited options). I would love to purchase a CX-5 2.5 MT-6. I have been holding out, keeping my aging vehicle going until I find something I like. If I had to buy today, I would have to determine if I would buy the CX-5 Sport MT-6 (2.0L) or a Forester 2.5i Premium. If I cave in (not likely) and go with a non-stick, it won't be either of these brands as the dealerships for both are sparse in my location.

So, am I wasting my time waiting on a CX-5 6-speed manual in any flavor other than base?

Mini countryman S ?

I think having most of the 6 convenience features will make the CX-5 much better like (memory on driver's side, rear aircon vents, push button door opener). Also, more illuminated interior switches and a MUCH BETTER horn.

Then, the CX-5 overall package will be more complete and desirable.

I think having most of the 6 convenience features will make the CX-5 much better like (memory on driver's side, rear aircon vents, push button door opener). Also, more illuminated interior switches and a MUCH BETTER horn.

Then, the CX-5 overall package will be more complete and desirable.
What's the push button door opener?
Out of all the features, memory seats that are tagged to each key fob would be nice, so when I use my key to unlock, the seat starts moving to the desired position.
Right now, when I drive the car on the weekends, I have to put the seat all the way down bf getting in.

If you aren't as picky when it comes to "type of vehicle" you can get fully loaded option packages in a manual for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Nissan XTerra, and Toyota FJ Cruiser. However all of these vehicles are slightly larger and more off-road oriented. They also don't get as good of gas mileage.

I just don't understand why we can't special order any drivetrain with any trim level. They have all the parts, they're building them for other markets, so let us purchase them too!

^ Today, it's all about production lines. A new combination of trim/transmission is a new branch in the broduction line, which means additional costs.

I'll pay a little more to get what I want. If they said it was a few grand extra to custom order exactly what I wanted...I would pay it. I suppose I could just wait a little while until people start crashing them and pillage the parts I desire. Oh but wait, I can't even get the color I want once I check off "stick shift".

If you aren't as picky when it comes to "type of vehicle" you can get fully loaded option packages in a manual for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Nissan XTerra, and Toyota FJ Cruiser. However all of these vehicles are slightly larger and more off-road oriented. They also don't get as good of gas mileage.

I just don't understand why we can't special order any drivetrain with any trim level. They have all the parts, they're building them for other markets, so let us purchase them too!

Nah, those are completely different vehicles.

Back