2014 Mazda3 Bose speaker sizes

josby

:
2008 Honda S2000, 2014 Mazda6 GT
I Google'd for this and could not find the answer, then finally found an image with the details on Mazda's Japanese website and thought I'd share in case anyone else is looking for this info:

function_section2_img.jpg

It's interesting - the 2014 Mazda3 and 6 are mostly identical: 230mm speakers in the front doors, 130mm rear doors, 80mm center channel, and 60mm rear deck speakers. The only difference is the 6 gets a 80mm mid and 25mm tweeter in the left and right dashboard, while the 3 only gets a 60mm full-range in those spots.

Thanks for the input. I'm a new owner of the Mazda 3. I have a Sport 5door hatchback with stock radio and "ALL" the dealerships I asked [4 in San Diego] re: speaker size and harnesses were clueless. The "Standard" radio is very marginal and NOT upgradeable to next trim level. This has all the signs of a major challenge. My goal--- I want to replace the door speakers with upgraded ones that help reduce the crappy sound. Wanted to maybe add tweeter to front & right dash. Got the dashboard grill off but was surprised to find no speaker wiring....so I may have to feed a line through the door panel to the upper dash area. Fishing a coat hanger up into the upper area may work. Mazda took out all the connectors to save pennies--- thus making an upgrade a truly monumental task. Not sure yet. Others have suggested adding a line amp from the head unit but this doesn't sound like a cost effective solution. The 230 MM size hopefully is for BOTH Japanese and US products. Would appreciate any guidance or your own experience.

One of the documents I have for my 3 states the sizes of all of the speakers. I forgot which one. I think it was the dealer brochure. The size of the front speakers is impressive, and why it has pretty good bass for a car without a subwoofer. In fact, I like the bass in this car better than the bass in my previous 2012 Focus Titanium hatchback, which had the Sony hatch-corner-mounted sub. Corner mounting makes the bass stronger, but it also significantly muddies it. The bass in my 3 is at least as strong, and is crisper and more well defined. The same is true of the Bose stereo in my 2009 RX-8, although I think the one in my 3 sounds a bit better.

Bose size is here in the brochure

One of the documents I have for my 3 states the sizes of all of the speakers. I forgot which one. I think it was the dealer brochure. The size of the front speakers is impressive, and why it has pretty good bass for a car without a subwoofer. In fact, I like the bass in this car better than the bass in my previous 2012 Focus Titanium hatchback, which had the Sony hatch-corner-mounted sub. Corner mounting makes the bass stronger, but it also significantly muddies it. The bass in my 3 is at least as strong, and is crisper and more well defined. The same is true of the Bose stereo in my 2009 RX-8, although I think the one in my 3 sounds a bit better.

I found the Bose speaker sizes here:
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/pdf/brochures/2014/2014_MAZDA3_4DOOR_BROCHURE.pdf

It's on page 17. I cannot find anything on the stock 4 speaker sound system. I would also like to upgrade the speakers in mine. I have the '14 iSport. Hope this helps the Bose owners, but would appreciate if someone found the lower end speaker sizes!

Back