2013 CX-5 2.0L, thinking about upgrade to 2014 CX-5 2.5L

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hello everyone,

I have been really enjoying the 2013 CX-5, but the new upgrade in engine size for the 2014 model has me thinking...

There is no Kelley Blue Book value yet for my 2013, so I was curious what others here thought the used CX-5 was worth.

It is a pampered 2013 CX-5, 2WD, Touring, with BOSE and Moonroof in Pearl White, 10k miles...

(scratch)

(NOTE: It is not for sale, so PM's referring/asking me to sell will be ignored)

Its crossed my mind too. Hell, if the touring gets the 19s id probably downgrade from my gt to that. Problem is, i think we'd be losing close to 10k. Pretty sure when it comes down to it it just wont be worth it for 30 hp.
Ive also considered a trade on a new sportage sx. An extra 100 hp would be awesome!

That would be a costly exercise for very little benefit.
Base on your vehicle list, it seems you are going to do it anyway :)

With the CX-5 selling beyond Mazda's original expectations and reading that this model is their profit center. I am thinking that there may be a price increase on the 2014 regardless of the engine. Did not help that every journalist mentioned that it is a great bang for the buck and hints that it is undervalued compared to its' peers. This basically is giving Mazda the green light to raise prices.

^Agreed and the 2.5L helps justify the increase on the higher line Touring and GT's (less price sensitive versions).

Problem is, i think we'd be losing close to 10k.

yeah, it is pretty sad. I'm sure we'd see used ones at places for 2,000 off the new price but those same places would give you way less for it than that as a trade in.
You could sell it privately, but those places selling for just a bit off of new price offer their own financing and those that don't need dealer financing are only going to buy used if they can save a noticeable amount off of the new price. So it gets into a catch 22 situation.
If Mazda ups their pricing it would help the used values.

Expect to get smashed. IF you paid $26K for that car, expect $20,000. Maybe $21,000 if you are lucky.

That is pretty bad. I just traded a 5 year old truck with 60k miles that I paid $31k for (new) and got $20k on trade. I hope these CX-5s hold their value better than that.

I am looking to buy used in Regina. Out of province is an option depending on how far the seller is and what it is. Looking for GT, not in white though. Would consider GS...

Thats a shame about the white. I actually took a mental note of your earlier post saying you were looking for a used cx-5 just in case. You night not have much luck finding a used cx-5 as it is, nevermind in specific colors.

That is pretty bad. I just traded a 5 year old truck with 60k miles that I paid $31k for (new) and got $20k on trade. I hope these CX-5s hold their value better than that.

That doesn't sound too bad...30% depreciation after five years and 60,000 miles? $2,000 a year? I don't buy a lot of new cars but that sounds ok to me. We do pay a premium for the experience of driving a new car...you probably paid half that depreciation as you drove it out the dealer's driveway.

That doesn't sound too bad...30% depreciation after five years and 60,000 miles? $2,000 a year? I don't buy a lot of new cars but that sounds ok to me. way.

Sounds good (frequently does on internet), but we don't know whole story of transaction so it's hardly useful information.

That doesn't sound too bad...30% depreciation after five years and 60,000 miles? $2,000 a year? I don't buy a lot of new cars but that sounds ok to me. We do pay a premium for the experience of driving a new car...you probably paid half that depreciation as you drove it out the dealer's driveway.

I was pleased with the trade value of my truck... I was referring to another poster who suggested that a 2013 CX5 that went for $26k new would probably bring just $20k if traded in now with 10k miles. While that may be the case, that depreciation seems pretty steep, even for a new vehicle.

Sounds good (frequently does on internet), but we don't know whole story of transaction so it's hardly useful information.

I don't mind providing additional information. The truck I traded was a 2007 Dodge diesel. When I purchased it in October 2007, I got a really good deal as it had been sitting on the lot for over a year. The CX-5 I purchased was $400 below MSRP and the dealership had no doc fees, add-ons, etc. I might have overpaid a bit for the CX-5, but that price was in line with Edmunds, True Car, etc.

I don't mind providing additional information. The truck I traded was a 2007 Dodge diesel. When I purchased it in October 2007, I got a really good deal as it had been sitting on the lot for over a year. The CX-5 I purchased was $400 below MSRP and the dealership had no doc fees, add-ons, etc. I might have overpaid a bit for the CX-5, but that price was in line with Edmunds, True Car, etc.

Thanks, and now we know the whole story, not that his anything to do with trading a 2.0L CX-5 for a 2.5L CX-5.

Lol ^ , you are right because was talking about diesel, even if it's a RAM. Internet pricing stories are often more useless, especially when you drill down as we later found out. SMFL of it.

Back