2012 LA Auto Show CX-5 Engine Upgrade Announcement

That is Autoblog's take. They are just a couple of car writing hacks. I am holding out for the official word tomorrow morning from Mazda.

Agreed, I wouldn't read too much into Autoblog's vaguely worded (probably intentional because they are still waiting for official word) stuff.

Next year I might plan on attending LA show. Anybody going this year to LA show?

From an email I got yesterday from Mazda:
"Mazda 2014 CX-5 gets revved

Mazda engineers never stop improving. Case in point—the new 2.5L engine in the Touring and Grand Touring CX-5 models boasts a commanding 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque, and still retains a healthy 32 MPG hwy.* Also noteworthy, the 2013 CX-5 claimed the 2012 Autobytel Crossover of the Year award and received a 2012 IIHS Top Safety Pick. "

Of course when you click the link it brings you to the 2013 model with the same old info.
O'Well..........

I wonder if the engine covers are swapable? I like the black/gray one WAY better than the "skyactiv blue"

Agreed, I wouldn't read too much into Autoblog's vaguely worded (probably intentional because they are still waiting for official word) stuff.

Next year I might plan on attending LA show. Anybody going this year to LA show?

i'll probably pop in there sometime next weekend

From an email I got yesterday from Mazda:
"Mazda 2014 CX-5 gets revved

Mazda engineers never stop improving. Case in point—the new 2.5L engine in the Touring and Grand Touring CX-5 models boasts a commanding 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque, and still retains a healthy 32 MPG hwy.* Also noteworthy, the 2013 CX-5 claimed the 2012 Autobytel Crossover of the Year award and received a 2012 IIHS Top Safety Pick. "

Of course when you click the link it brings you to the 2013 model with the same old info.
O'Well..........

At least the mileage didn't take that much of a hit for the highway (which I will be traveling on mostly). I wonder what the real world mileage will be like, considering a lot of people with the 2.0L gets better than the EPA estimate.

Well, major disappointment for those of us wishing for the Diesel in a CX-5. Looks like we will be getting the 2.5L Sky-G. Thanks Mazda. You had an opportunity to really break-out in this segment. I feel confident it will come someday to the USA with a diesel, just not soon.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/29/mazda-announces-diesel-engine-for-mazda6-larger-2-5l-for-cx-5/

Rob

Is that a poor mans cold air-induction vent in the pics? Have to look at mine, do not recall a vent under the hood that feeds the air filter.
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-mazda-cx-5-la-2012/#photo-5467440

Remember the Detroit show is coming next month, and Chicago and New York just a few months after that. Mazda's got to save some surprises for future shows. I'm thinking an announcement on the CX-5 diesel will come sometime before the end of calendar 2013.

Remember the Detroit show is coming next month, and Chicago and New York just a few months after that. Mazda's got to save some surprises for future shows. I'm thinking an announcement on the CX-5 diesel will come sometime before the end of calendar 2013.

I think it is unlikely.
The 6 will officially get the 2.2D only in the summer ("2nd half of 2013") and, maybe ... maybe, the CX-5 will get it in Calendar year 2014.

Back