2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI convertible

coolmazda5

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
sticonvertible630.jpg

Car dealers do the strangest things to their vehicles. Just think about how many cars are out there with awful vinyl and fabric roof add-ons, a generation after manufacturers nearly swore them off entirely. Manchester Subaru in Manchester, New Hampshire isn't content to create some sticker-and-tape fake trim level on a top-dog 2011 Subaru WRX STI. Instead, the dealer has gone all Chainsaw Massacre on the rally-bred performance sedan. The result is a picnic basket of automotive woe.

At least the "handle" left after all the chop-shopping maintains a fleeting semblance of rigidity. The rest? Awful. There's an ill-fitting tonneau, chopped door pillars and the STI's trademark enormous wing still hangs off the trunklid. The worst part? This poor Subaru's price is purportedly $75,000. Not kidding. Sure, there's an "exclusivity" factor, but 75 large buys an awful lot of real high performance convertible; the kind that won't corner like an overcooked noodle. The dealership reportedly commissioned five of these abominations, which is likely five more than anyone wants.

[Autoblog]

as bad as it looks with the top down, it probably looks worse with the top up.

Saw this on another forum. I do believe it is doing what they set out to accomlish, being, getting a lot of publicity.

Edit: And yes, it looks awful with the top up.

cin.jpg

cin6.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Last edited:
oh my god thats horrible! i was excited that they came back out with the STI sedan in 2011... but WTF?!

WOW that is one of the ugliest things i have ever seen and ive seen some ugly things in my life...unfortunately someone will buy it and i just hope someone else burns it... the STi one bad ass beast this thing all kinds of fail....Subaru just lost a whole lot of street cred by destroying a beautiful car and making it into a girl car....whats sad is that it makes the PT Cruiser convertable look good compared to it...

Back