2011 Mazda 3 /Mazdaspeed 3 Changes

Per Car And Driver:

2011 Mazda 3, Mazdaspeed 3 Gain More Standard Equipment
August 2, 2010 at 4:02 pm by Jake Holmes

We really like our long-term Mazda 3 hatchback for its engaging driving dynamics and versatility, and its clear that were not the only ones who love this small car: Mazda claims the 3 makes up a third of the brands sales globally. For 2011, Mazda will grace the 3 and its performance-oriented brother, the Mazdaspeed 3hey! Weve got a long-term one of them, toowith some additional standard equipment. The cars are mechanically unchanged from last year.

The Mazda 3 i SV and i Sport sedans gain standard stability control and power door locks, which were previously unavailable on those entry-level trims. Hatchback and sedan s Sport models equipped with an automatic transmission can now be equipped with rain-sensing wipers, LED taillights, and automatic, adaptive bi-xenon headlights. For s Grand Touring trims, a sunroof, a 265-watt Bose sound system, and a six-disc CD changer become standard; they were previously optional extras.

The high-performance Mazdaspeed 3 continues mostly unchanged. The cars Technology package adds rain-sensing wipers; automatic, adaptive bi-xenon headlights; and LED taillights, which were all previously unavailable on the Speed 3. Carryover Tech package contents consists of a 242-watt Bose sound system, a navigation system, an alarm, and proximity-based keyless entry and ignition.

ROFL i knew they would jack us again, 2010 ms3 owners are gonna be pissed.
just like me waiting until 2008 to pick up my gen1 after giving up on them releasing white.
then the 2008.5 released pearl white AND mp3 decks >_<

Last edited:
Yeah...it seemed most of us predicted that Mazda would do this - add the adaptive HIDs from the Mazda3 and LED tails in 2011. It's just so they can say the 2011 has some updates/changes. What they really should do is offer the seats in a different style fabric.

Yeah...it seemed most of us predicted that Mazda would do this - add the adaptive HIDs from the Mazda3 and LED tails in 2011. It's just so they can say the 2011 has some updates/changes. What they really should do is offer the seats in a different style fabric.
Those seats are 'low rent' compared to the Gen 1(2008.5-2009) seats(Alcantara and Leather bolsters)!

ROFL i knew they would jack us again, 2010 ms3 owners are gonna be pissed.
just like me waiting until 2008 to pick up my gen1 after giving up on them releasing white.
then the 2008.5 released pearl white AND mp3 decks >_<

Makes you wonder why they didn't just wait a year to release the car when it was actually ready. (notcool)

what's up with the 23 watt stereo difference?

And I wonder what would come first...awd, more power from the 2.3, or a brand new turbo 2.5? One of those will eventually happen

Makes you wonder why they didn't just wait a year to release the car when it was actually ready. (notcool)

they should have kept the gen1 another year, then released the 2011.
and like someone said above, i expect better seats/alcantera as a 2011.5 refresh along with white (nana)

I wonder what C&D is smoking over there. My Speed already has automatic headlights, rain-sensing wipers and LED tails.

you forgot this part:

"...and yes it still has that stupid grin that we've all come to loath with every fiber of our being."

you forgot this part:

"...and yes it still has that stupid grin that we've all come to loath with every fiber of our being."

I just took my car in for the 30k service and the technician said he's heard that Mazda is already planning on changing it soon because people have complained about it haha.

if that's true or not and when they do it, who knows, but it'd be interesting to see.

I just took my car in for the 30k service and the technician said he's heard that Mazda is already planning on changing it soon because people have complained about it haha.

if that's true or not and when they do it, who knows, but it'd be interesting to see.
It is true. Mazda is going in a new design direction soon. The designer responsible for the "Nagare" style , is no longer with the company.

For the 1st time I took a really good look at a 2010 MS3,at the dealership. I must say, the material that is used for the center of the seats is mega cheap.I sure hope the 2011.5 refresh includes some quality seat material.

I wonder what C&D is smoking over there. My Speed already has automatic headlights, rain-sensing wipers and LED tails.

AGREEEEEEEEEEED!

I'm not too sure what everyone else is thinking, but I couldn't be happier with the car I'm driving now! The 2007 GT MS3 has all I need. POWER, seats that don't make me sweat, but feel so comfy and look so good, wipers I can control when I want to, and light I can stop from blasting into houses when I don't want to.... (a turn u-turn in a private driveway).

I love my whip!

Back