2011 Ford Mustang Info

Well guys, just want to weigh in on things. The new V6 is fantastic! Huge step in the right direction, and I was skeptical at best. I'm sold how smooth the new trans and motor drive this car. It feels totally different than the 2010 GT with Track Pack I drove, but in a good way. Much more nimble, sportier, and easy to drive. The EPAS doesn't take away from steering at all.

On the other hand, the exhaust note still needs work, and there's a troublesome button on the shifter that I noticed (auto) for locking out overdrive, but the total package is great. Way to go Ford!

Well guys, just want to weigh in on things. The new V6 is fantastic! Huge step in the right direction, and I was skeptical at best. I'm sold how smooth the new trans and motor drive this car. It feels totally different than the 2010 GT with Track Pack I drove, but in a good way. Much more nimble, sportier, and easy to drive. The EPAS doesn't take away from steering at all.

On the other hand, the exhaust note still needs work, and there's a troublesome button on the shifter that I noticed (auto) for locking out overdrive, but the total package is great. Way to go Ford!

good to hear, so are you going to be getting in line for yours

I'll be comparing one of these head-to-head against the V6 Camaro Convertible when Chevy gets off its ass and produces one. The Sport Trac's paid off...time for a toy!

Well, the car is actually gonna be my partner's (he's been in love with the Camaro since I first showed him the concept pictures YEARS ago) but I'm insisting he drives both when Chevy spits out a convertible. I'd prefer the Mustang mainly because of the interior..the Camaro's is woefully cheap looking in spots. But in the end, it's gonna be his choice after I point out all the Camaro's negative points. ;-) Price, warranty, and interior are the 3 biggies to compare.

Well, the car is actually gonna be my partner's (he's been in love with the Camaro since I first showed him the concept pictures YEARS ago) but I'm insisting he drives both when Chevy spits out a convertible. I'd prefer the Mustang mainly because of the interior..the Camaro's is woefully cheap looking in spots. But in the end, it's gonna be his choice after I point out all the Camaro's negative points. ;-) Price, warranty, and interior are the 3 biggies to compare.

make sure he pays attention to visibility

True that. The SS I drove a while back had horrible rear 1/4 visibility. I normally have no trouble backing a car up, but I was nervous backing this one out of the space at the dealership. I'm betting a 'vert will be even worse.

2012 is also when i pay off my current Mustang

let's see how things fall into places by then :)

Which one do you have now?

all I can say is it's about damn time the stang see 6 rows instead of the miserable 5.

They had the ability to go to this back in 06-07 if they needed to, especially with the GT500 in there. They didn't have the competition, and chose to hold off. Now, they designed a proper trans for that car, and it's about damn time. The 6 speed auto is flawless; quick response, strong acceleration and quick shift times, and honestly, the lack of the SelectShift wasn't a bad thing. You can focus on driving instead of what gear you think you should be in.

Damn, that's almost enough to talk me back into a RWD car. Almost. My MS6 will be paid off in 2012, and I can see me getting into a GT in the right situation...like if I'm in a place where AWD isn't that important.

As much as I love the Camaro SS, I will never own a GM product as long as they're putting big brother boxes in them.

Damn, that's almost enough to talk me back into a RWD car. Almost. My MS6 will be paid off in 2012, and I can see me getting into a GT in the right situation...like if I'm in a place where AWD isn't that important.

As much as I love the Camaro SS, I will never own a GM product as long as they're putting big brother boxes in them.

So far all of the reviews have been positive and praised the changes made from 2010 to 2011. More good news from Ford!

if you believe the hype and media, Ford is on a major turn around. I'm sorry, but a company doesn't start making reliable cars overnight just because the media says so. I have no doubt that in 3-4 years time, all these "new" fords will live up to their name as always.

if you believe the hype and media, Ford is on a major turn around. I'm sorry, but a company doesn't start making reliable cars overnight just because the media says so. I have no doubt that in 3-4 years time, all these "new" fords will live up to their name as always.

What exactly are you trying to say? They've been on an upswing since 2006, and haven't looked back.

Back