2010 CX-9 Oil Filter Model?

I'm almost at 1000 miles in my CX-9 AWD Sport, and wanted to go ahead and do an oil change. But I wasn't sure what the Oil Filter part number is. Is it the same for the earlier CX-9 models?
I was interested in the Puralator Oil Filters. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Same oil filter since 2007. Buy a Ford Motorcraft filter FL-400S. Same exact filter as the OEM Mazda but with Ford Motorcraft logo.

So I'm assuming the Ford one would be the best deal rather than a Purolator oil filter?
I did see that Fram Tough Guard 3600 was the CX-9 Size, but I've heard so many bad things about Fram. Any suggestions again?

I always get a mobile filter (Mobil 1 Model M1209 ) with my mobile 1 synthetic 5w-20 at autozone. The combo usually gets me a good discount, $29 ish total.

1 - 5qt. jug of Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Blend Motor oil part# XO-5W20-5QSP
1 - Motorcraft FL-400S oil filter.

Both available at any Autozone or Ford Dealer for about $20-$25 (for both)

Don't break your head over this...do this every 5000 miles and you should be just fine.

So I'm assuming the Ford one would be the best deal rather than a Purolator oil filter?
I did see that Fram Tough Guard 3600 was the CX-9 Size, but I've heard so many bad things about Fram. Any suggestions again?

The motorcraft is made by Purolator to Ford's specs. It is an excellent filter and can be had at Walmart etc for less than $4. If you want to upgrade you can go with the Purolator Pure One which is a great deal at around $6.

Sorry I'm late on this but I had to weigh in.

I would avoid the Purolator Pure One, they pack so much media into the can that the pleats swell together and disappear so the media becomes a cylindrical mass. This raises the differential pressure across the filter and causes the bypass to open so the oil does not get filtered. I thought the Pure One would be a great filter also until I opened one up. I had heard about this potential problem with the Pure One filter but did not believe it until I saw it myself. I had been having the oil analyzed with each oil change and the one with the Purolator Pure One with by far the worst. Now I only use Wix 51516 or NAPA 1516 which are the same filters. Wix makes the NAPA Gold filters.

Hmmm... Well I already put on the Purolator PureOne. I hope it isn't that bad. I'm sure it can't be as bad as a Fram.

I will look into the WIX brand though on my next oil change. Thanks for the input.

1 - 5qt. jug of Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Blend Motor oil part# XO-5W20-5QSP
1 - Motorcraft FL-400S oil filter.

Both available at any Autozone or Ford Dealer for about $20-$25 (for both)

Don't break your head over this...do this every 5000 miles and you should be just fine.

Same jug of oil and filter at Wal-Mart are about $15 Are you not adding the extra half quart?

Mine seemed to be right at the mark with just the 5qt jug even after cycling the engine. I suppose I can check the oil level again the following day in the morning after it has settled completely into the pan, this way I can add the extra half a quart.

Same jug of oil and filter at Wal-Mart are about $15

Thanks...but I prefer paying $5 or so more then having to step into WALMART...eeek!

Hmmm... Well I already put on the Purolator PureOne. I hope it isn't that bad. I'm sure it can't be as bad as a Fram.

I will look into the WIX brand though on my next oil change. Thanks for the input.

Please don't believe his statements until he provides proof. It is the internet after all...

I'm running a pure one on my Yukon that has an oil pressure gauge. Oil pressure is the same w/ the pure one as it was with a wix.

Agree. The problem with the internet is that one person can have a bad experience, and next thing you know that company is the devil, based on snowballing rumors. One knee-jerk reaction, or tall tale, does not a fact make.

Been using the Pure One on most all my vehicles motorcycles and all. It's one of the best filters you can use! The OEM Mazda filter is a Pureolator.

Back