2009 Mazda 5

This is a better looking front end.

mazda5fl_action1__jpg72.jpg

Does anyone know if the 08 5's have the new control arms and bushings installed??? Or, are they the same ones that will creak and thud after 12,000 miles like the 06-07 models???

I'm really eager to see the new Copper Red color in person...I'd like to know how much of a Copper/Orange tint it has to it...Oh and that light gray leather is definitely going to be included when and if I get mine...Ooooooh or the new tan leather *drools* :D

Thanks for putting up these links!!! The autoblog snaps are easily the best pics of the new 5 I've yet to see online :D

Does anyone know if the 08 5's have the new control arms and bushings installed??? Or, are they the same ones that will creak and thud after 12,000 miles like the 06-07 models???

wait a minute - whaaa? so it's not just my 5 (11,500 miles so far) that creaks in cold weather? is there a fix for this, should i tell my dealer?

wait a minute - whaaa? so it's not just my 5 (11,500 miles so far) that creaks in cold weather? is there a fix for this, should i tell my dealer?

You're not the only one.....
Not sure if any of the fixes are true fixes....
You should tell your dealer and they may either lubricate the bushings (which will last for a couple weeks) or they may replace the bushings (which may also last for a few weeks). I usually wait for Spring/Summer to come around before they stop creaking. This is perhaps the biggest gripe/problem I've had with my Mazda5.
Anthony

Japanese manufactures are usually very good in implementing 'Enginering changes'. By now you would think they would have come up with a solution to the crunching noise problem. Or maybe there is no safety or handling issue involved with the crunching sound.. this is the only reason I can think of why they have not given priority to solving the problem. The sound is like that of a metal slip against a rubber surface. And it disappears when bushings are lubricated. so without lubrication, the metal can be wearing the rubber little bit during winter times. After the warranty expires we might end up with loose joints.. a MAzda5 arthritis.. :).

thanks Anthony. I was thinking I'd wait n see if the problem got worse before saying anything. I also have a little cold weather squeak "errr errr" noise coming from the windshield area. Actually sounds like it's the windshield if that's possible.

Only other gripe I have is the occasional hiccup from the driveline (very rare).

Mine was creaking and groaning all winter last year. Did bushings all around and control arms under the TSB and it was better. Until this winter. Oh well, the CX-7 is quiet!

So far......

nice, ya mine started doing it too... thud too, almost like a loose strut. I also notice a squeak when its been parked and rained on... the brake rotors get a bit more water than other cars I'm guessing.... cause it does it only the first few feet of easing out of the spot.

I've heard of a few people getting the bushings replaced... and a few strut problems.

2009? I wish! And no replies so far? Hmmm, I hope is not trolling us here :D

Why would Mazda hold out on the new features for 09? Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot on the 08 models. If I hadn't read this post, I was going to get an 08!

i believe that its a photograph of the euro spec 5. I know they have slightly different bumpers....

Why would Mazda hold out on the new features for 09? Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot on the 08 models. If I hadn't read this post, I was going to get an 08!

No 2009 shown here AT ALL. Get an 08, no need to wait. I wish Mazda had the money to facelift every year (especially a Mazda5). This is the European 2008 Model (at least Italy and UK) as indicated by 808mz5.

http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/Mazda5

Mazda has a 2.5L MZR I4 that's debuting with the 2009 Mazda6 - perhaps the Mz5 will get this powertrain someday?

Now, a 2.5L, sounds believable, and me likes that ;)

Here's Wikipedia on the new 2.5L engine:
2.5 DISI
New for the 2009 model year, the 2.5L DISI is an upgraded naturally aspirated 2.3L featuring direct injection spark ignition, or "DISI". It is expected to produce at least 168 bhp and yield approximately 34 mpg in combined conditions (based on the 2007 European Mazda6 2.5 petrol engine specifications). The 2.5 L (2488 cc) DISI uses a 89 mm (3.5 in) bore and a 100 mm (3.94 in) stroke, with a compression ratio of 9.7:1.

Applications:

2009- Mazda Axela/Mazda3
2009- Mazda Atenza/Mazda6

Middle seats in Mazda5

Hi everyone, I was wondering can the middle bucket seats in the 2009 Mazda5 come out or can be unbolted.
I have a friend who is looking at them and was wondering.
I called a dealer they said you could.
(boom04)

The headquarters of Mazda USA is in Irvine, CA.

This is just my opinion but I'm not too sure how much attention they really direct towards the Mazda5. Even though it is like the only vehicle in their lineup that showed an increase, it still one of their lower vehicles in terms of actual sales (only 22K for the entire 2008).

I believe they (Mazda USA) brought it over a few years ago just to fill a hole when they discontinued the MPV. I don't think they had any plans to mass market it. It was really a niche vehicle. Now that it has gotten some good press and sales have increased, the might now give it more attention but still their bread and butter is the 3 and 6.

I don't see any significant changes until at least 2010 maybe later.

Hello everyone! My name's Ken. I have a 29 day old daughter. My problem is, I have a Mazda 5 2009 purchased it brand new last october 2009. Its our first family car and we're hearing a banging noise on the back wheel whenever we passed on a humps. im worried for our safety knowing that its less than a year old car and its having this problem. can i take it on where i purchased it ( mazda sunridge) and have it chek FREE OF CHARGE? thanks. your response is highly appreciated... Godspeed.

Latest posts

Back