2009 CX9 GT Flat Key Issues

tstex

Hello to All,

Had to buy another flat key bc the two that came w the car stopped working...Almost $375...what a rip. Now the one I bought stopped working, even put a new battery in it...when you press the open key, it lights up, but car does nothing. The card key is only about 8-9 months old, so I am hoping the warranty is a year..if it's less than how long I have owned it, there's going to be a huge problem.

Thanks for anyone's help and advice,
tom

Hello to All,

Had to buy another flat key bc the two that came w the car stopped working...Almost $375...what a rip. Now the one I bought stopped working, even put a new battery in it...when you press the open key, it lights up, but car does nothing. The card key is only about 8-9 months old, so I am hoping the warranty is a year..if it's less than how long I have owned it, there's going to be a huge problem.

Thanks for anyone's help and advice,
tom

Just a thought, might not be a flat key issue but perhaps BCM (Body Control Module) problem, infamous on CX9s with sunroofs, do you have a sunroof? if the sunroof didn't drain properly, the BCM gets soaked and shorts.

Search BCM, you'll see.

Last edited:
Just a thought, might not be a flay key issue but perhaps BCM, Body Control Module, problem, infamous on CX9s with sunroofs, do you have a sunroof? if the sunroof didn't drain properly, the BCM gets soaked and shorts.

Search BCM, you'll see.

Thanks Avid. We do not have a sunroof, but I would not put anything past what could go wrong. I've had to replace both window motors, the cheap rubber driver entry push buttons and a few other things...Thanks again, tstex

We have two keys. One works, the other I have to press multiple times. It has more trouble locking than opening the doors. It lights up but doesn't do anything, almost like it is out of range.

Ed

Latest posts

Back