2008 CX-9 specs!! **Updated**

TravelinMan said:
Thanks for the info. The dealer I'm working with in Atlanta, GA (Jim Ellis) to order the '08 has said they have none of this info. So, either the US dealers do not have this yet, the dealer is lying, or the dealer is just at the location level is clueless on what's on vehicles that are ordered for them.

Anyone having similar experiences in the US.

I've ordered a 2008 GT AWD from my dealer in SLC. I know the dealership owner personally and they don't have info on engine. All they hear is rumors. Tracker shows car produced 06/23 and it is now on water to Tacoma as of 6/29/07

Last edited:
mazda7 said:
I've ordered a 2008 GT AWD from my dealer in SLC. I know the dealership owner personally and they don't have info on engine. All they hear is rumors. Tracker shows car produced 06/23 and it is now on water to Tacoma as of 6/29/07

I would guess that your car will arrive on 7/12/07 on the Cattleya Ace.

If there are no port installed options it should be on truck or rail transport in 3-4 days.

Last edited:
Specs pdf now updated with the final production specs.

273 HP @ 6250 RPM
270 TQ @ 4250 RPM

They retuned the 3.7L for more low end torque 21 ft-lbs increase in TQ at 250 RPM lower than before and a 10 HP increase. This torque curve improvement should really help the overall performance on the CX-9. Also the highway mileage stayed the same and the city mileage improved by 1 MPG!!

Hello all,

I am thinking about purchasing a '08 CX-9 (just bought an MX-5 PRHT) and my dealer has 6-'08's on order, but does not have any info on any of the changes. He was going to check to see if he could find anything out and get back to me.

pricing and specs....

Mazda customer service informed me that PRICING and 2008 specs will be available to the general public on the 16th of July.

CX9buyer said:
Mazda customer service informed me that PRICING and 2008 specs will be available to the general public on the 16th of July.

Does that mean the Mazda website would be updated?

Mazda has updated their website for 08 pricing on most of their models so far, but not the CX-9 yet. The 08 CX-7 pricing/options is on their site, but nothing for the CX-9. I tried modifying the URL to go to CX9 but not there yet. Hopefully soon.

I am in the market for a CX9 and the dealer told me that 08 models will get a $500 bump in MSRP.

well that will just have to be another $500 that comes off the deal, although I am wondering if that $500 is due to the addition of the assistance package on all GT CX-9?
I will have one by the middle of next month, but from what I have seen in the past few months, these things are not really flying off the lots.

Last edited:

Is Bluetooth availble with the CX9? I have heard two different stories from salespeople at dealerships I have called. Thanks.

One more question

Although the radio on the CX9 has a "Satellite" button, my dealer says that satellite radio is not available, at least not from the factory or dealer. What's up with that? Any idea why Mazda would not offer this option which seems so standard on many other models?

Although the radio on the CX9 has a "Satellite" button, my dealer says that satellite radio is not available, at least not from the factory or dealer. What's up with that? Any idea why Mazda would not offer this option which seems so standard on many other models?

It maybe time for you to talk to another dealer. Sirius is offered (in the US) for $430 as an option on the CX-9.

Just spoke with Mazda customer service today... 2008 CX-9's should be rolling into the Northeast mid-Sept or October. Can't wait !!! I've only been waiting since March.

Hello,

I'm new to the Mazda family (not first Mazda...last one was a '97 Protege which was replaced by a '02 WRX).

Just picked up my 2008 CX-9 on Aug 23/07. Proceeded to drive from Mississauga Ontario to Virginia Beach on Aug 24. The Car's already got 1400 Km (875 Miles) in less than 5 days.

The 3.7 drives better than the 3.5. In back to back test drives I could definately tell the difference in torque between the two engines.

Its nice to be back on the ZOOM ZOOM side of the fence :cool:

Owner:
2002 Subaru WRX Stage II
2008 Mazda CX-9

Back