2007 Ms6

ehhh I'd rather have the structural rigidity. I only folded my MSP seat down once. But +rep for product knowledge

i meant i can't tell the difference visually, except if i see a mazdaspeed emblem on the back

smo0f said:
i meant i can't tell the difference visually, except if i see a mazdaspeed emblem on the back

One big cue is the raised center hood where the turbo IC air duct is. To my mind it gives the MS6 the "ninja assassin" look. I'm so used to it now that when a I see a regular 6 it looks like somebody punched its nose flat. Another big cue is the taller front grille, even though it's purely for looks since the top third is blocked off. On the back, the short lip spoiler and bogus exhaust ovals are the other differences you can pick out immediately. Oh, and the much-maligned snowflake wheels, don't forget about them. They kinda grow on you after awhile, though.

The differences don't jump out at you, but they're not really intended too. The MS6 was designed to be a sleeper and not loudly signal the performance differences b/t it and the regular six.

New info this afternoon. 07 MS6 is scheduled for July production. Which would put it on dealers lots last week of August or first week of September. Go hard Newf!!! :)

2007 Changes?

Any word on what, if any, changes are in store for the 2007 model? New color choices, stereo changes (available iPod adapter or something), anything?

Thanks!

Mazda3 said:
New info this afternoon. 07 MS6 is scheduled for July production. Which would put it on dealers lots last week of August or first week of September. Go hard Newf!!! :)

hee hee, I smell a deal coming up soon. There are many 06's still sitting on the lots! I wonder if there are any changes to the 07

Newf said:
hee hee, I smell a deal coming up soon. There are many 06's still sitting on the lots! I wonder if there are any changes to the 07

The only changes for Canada are your titanium grey color :) and available Nav system. Not sure about the U.S.

Newf said:
darn, was hoping for wheels and some sort of mp3 option. 40 grand and it doesn't even play mp3's.

I used to have a MP3 HU in my car, and used it for about 2 months, then got back to regulars CDs because it's a PITA to navigate, and you usually listen to the same 10-20 tracks most of the time.

If not getting an MP3 player in it upsets you so much that you don't buy the car, well that's... huh special.

I'm sorry but after my last two Mazda's having mp3 players, going back to cd's is a no no. My woman would friggin kill me too. As for the navigation comment, I don't really find hitting FF or RW or even Random all that hard????

Mazda3 said:

Is this statement still accurate? I'm in the market for a 2007 MPS6 with Navi.

psi365 said:
When is the target US release then?

My connections are at Mazda Canada. I don't have specific US info, but it should be a similar time frame. The first batch of Canadian 07 MS6's are at sea and will dock at Vancouver in the next couple of days.

Mazda3 said:
My connections are at Mazda Canada. I don't have specific US info, but it should be a similar time frame. The first batch of Canadian 07 MS6's are at sea and will dock at Vancouver in the next couple of days.

....assuming another boat doesn't sink :)

Back