2007 Mazda6 V6 Transmission oil change help?

thisguy58

:
2007 Mazda 6 S
This is my first posting new to this website. My first car which is a 2007 Mazda 6S 3.0L V6 with. I currently have 77k miles on it. I never mistreat the car and love it to death. So I noticed that when the transmission (ATX) shifts from first too second it kind of jerks a bit. When i first got it, it smoothly shifted. Or when i slow down and let the RPM's go down a bit and accelerate just a tad the car jumps. So i check the trans fluid It was a brown color with specs in it. It did not smell burnt at all. i took it to a mechanic and he said to not change the oil at all to leave it the way it is. I know this certain oil on this car is *special*. Every shop i go to has to special order it and it either that or they never have seen that type of oil. So my question is...is the tranny slipping? Do I need to flush the fluids out and change the filter? I might be completely off. I know tranny fluid is supposed to be a pink or red but this is a brown metallic. So im wondering is the oil naturally supposed to be like that b/c in the owners manual i see nothing for a transmission oil change. Thank you any help regarding this would be great.

Last edited:
My mechanic told me that Mazda's transmission always has a short life span, around 80,000 miles, depends on how well you maintain your car. If you do an oil change every 3,000 miles and transmission flush at least once a year with medium synthetic oil grade, then it may last longer. It does sounds like your tranny is slipping meaning it may go at any time. Time to get a new car.

This is my first posting new to this website. My first car which is a 2007 Mazda 6S 3.0L V6 with. I currently have 77k miles on it. I never mistreat the car and love it to death. So I noticed that when the transmission (ATX) shifts from first too second it kind of jerks a bit. When i first got it, it smoothly shifted. Or when i slow down and let the RPM's go down a bit and accelerate just a tad the car jumps. So i check the trans fluid It was a brown color with specs in it. It did not smell burnt at all. i took it to a mechanic and he said to not change the oil at all to leave it the way it is. I know this certain oil on this car is *special*. Every shop i go to has to special order it and it either that or they never have seen that type of oil. So my question is...is the tranny slipping? Do I need to flush the fluids out and change the filter? I might be completely off. I know tranny fluid is supposed to be a pink or red but this is a brown metallic. So im wondering is the oil naturally supposed to be like that b/c in the owners manual i see nothing for a transmission oil change. Thank you any help regarding this would be great.
Hey I just started to have the same problem did you manage to fix it . I have 2007 Mazda 6 3.0 with 105,000 the past year it started to jerk as well

My mechanic told me that Mazda's transmission always has a short life span, around 80,000 miles, depends on how well you maintain your car. If you do an oil change every 3,000 miles and transmission flush at least once a year with medium synthetic oil grade, then it may last longer. It does sounds like your tranny is slipping meaning it may go at any time. Time to get a new car.
Complete nonsense. An AT can go hundreds of thousands of miles with regular fluid and filter changes. I have 304,000KM on my 2015 "6" AT, never jerked, slipped nothing.

His AT is not slipping. The dirty fluid simply needs to be replaced before the solenoids and valve body continues to wear.

i took it to a mechanic and he said to not change the oil at all to leave it the way it is.
Don't ever go back to this mechanic!
Every shop i go to has to special order it and it either that or they never have seen that type of oil. So my question is...is the tranny slipping?
I recommend going to a transmission shop. They will take care of it. No, your transmission is not slipping.
Do I need to flush the fluids out and change the filter?
Yes. If your car has a replaceable filter, be sure to change it as well. Refer to a good transmission specialty shop.
I might be completely off.
No, you are not.
I know tranny fluid is supposed to be a pink or red but this is a brown metallic.
Right. Trans filter and fluid should be changed every 40-50,000 miles. Yours is overdue, that's why.

Back