2007 CX7 Randomly dies while idling

SpecRacer17

:
2003 Black P5
So here's the story...My wife has a 2007 CX7 which relatively recently had the transfer case leak and VVT fix all done under warranty. A couple weeks ago she was hit very lightly in the rear and we had the car in to have to bumper repainted. Just a few days ago the thing started idling a little rough and every so often it would stall. NO cel has been thrown yet and the thing fires right back up immediately. I've tried reseting the ecu, cleaning the MAF still will randomly stall. Forgot to mention that around the time of all the service I changed spark plugs myself but it had been running fine for about a month since then. Any ideas?

Update!

Before taking it back to the dealer I also replaced the battery and cleaned out the throttle body which did have a fair amount of carbon build up. No luck, the damn thing would still sputter and die sporadically. Dealer had it for a week and was only able to reproduce it ONCE. Said they were 75% sure it was a bad low pressure fuel pump (in tank). So about $900 later for pump, labor, and rental car here I am. Three days in so far so good. I'm not holding my breath...

Hello Specracer17, I have been researching the same problem with my car. 2007 CX-7 about 73,000 miles I do not have a check engine light on but at idle it is moving up and down about 200 to 400 RPM. It tries to stall in reverse and has stalled on a few trips when its at idle. I see you did replace the fuel pump can you tell me if that was the problem? Thanks I posted the same question to the forum but have had no answers as yet.
Thanks,
mecklerhome1

Back