2003 Spicy Orange MSP for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 000 for his car then 5000 for the rest of the goodies he installed on his car equals 18 000 (i think)

MSP Kirk said:
13 000 for his car then 5000 for the rest of the goodies he installed on his car equals 18 000 (i think)
The problem is...Its not very clear at all....I could assume he has 18K invested with mods and is looking to get $13K for the sale...He just needs to clear it up....Thats a big difference....Especially for an MSP.

sorry about that guys, actually I just put those numbers up so anyone interested can add it up for themselves. but yes, the total is 18,000. the car stock is worth about 12-13000 from what i've seen.

I'd like to know the ins and outs of it... is it running decently for daily driving? What will it cost to finish up the work just to make it daily drivable etc. ? Not to be too anal about it but it seems like a good buy I just need a bit more info on it :)

Sounds like the car is in great condition. It is really hard to get the price back from you you paid for the parts. Not trying to be mean or flame or anything, it is just that for some reason people dont jump on deals like this. I know I would if I didnt already have one, but every one thinks they can do it for less. Pretty stupid if you ask me. It would be nice to buy a car that already has the full build done to it, So you dont have to go through the headaches of getting it all working..

Spicy1390 said:
Sounds like the car is in great condition. It is really hard to get the price back from you you paid for the parts. Not trying to be mean or flame or anything, it is just that for some reason people dont jump on deals like this. I know I would if I didnt already have one, but every one thinks they can do it for less. Pretty stupid if you ask me. It would be nice to buy a car that already has the full build done to it, So you dont have to go through the headaches of getting it all working..

I entirely agree with this but sometimes people just want the peace of mind of knowing they're driving a car that hasn't been modified and also a clean slate to take their own path with.

When I got my FD about 5 years ago I had the option to go get a pretty decently modded one that was daily drivable with about 350 to the wheels. Nothing MAJOR but still modified.

However instead with the help of family and friends I got a 93 touring and did it from the ground up my way. When all was said and done I'd invested maybe 15 grand and I made in pocket about 6 thousand after all investments including purchase. I ended up on top, but if you'd seen the car you'd know why I managed to make a profit.

Usually only people with heavy cash to toss around tend to buy highly modified vehicles. You have to realize there's no way of knowing whether the vehicle was abused or not. It's naive to believe that the inverse would be true... that a stock vehicle would comparatively be MORE abused than a modified vehicle. I'm not saying this is always the case but a car is a horrible investment to begin with. It's one of those things that you purchase that depreciate by hundreds to thousands of dollars the second that tire touches the asphalt outside the dealership.

Plain and simple when it comes to the car market you'd sooner see dealers pay high dollar for non abused stock vehicles comparative to modification of any kind other than factory parts/accessories.

Whatever the case you're right it does look like a good buy and I don't know if I'm 18 thousand dollars interested but then again I'm a person who likes to do their own work on their car... which is why I was searching for a stock MSP or close to stock MSP to begin with.

However this is a good car with some time invested into it... I'd love to hear more details and talk things over.

If anything in this post is half assed... well forgive me... I'm an insomniac and I need some caffeine.. . (crazy)

the car is in good driving condition, if anything changing the springs is all it needs. to make it fast it needs some form engine management. it has all the msp stock ecu quirks, flooding, fuel cut, running rich. nothing out of the ordinary.

and I realize that 18,000 is rather high, I am just expressing what this car is worth to me. after seeing that price if any1 is still interested then they are seriously considering buying the car, I'm willing to work with those ppl for a sale.

Hey as I said I saw that price and AM interested. But I would expect to get together with you and talk over the details... I'm a "fine tooth comb" kinda guy... a little anal when it comes to things like this (poke)

kamon8404 said:
I said WHY are you selling.

Sorry, plain and simple my mom made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Apparently I was spending too much money and time on the car, and If i sell it, I get to keep the lancer I'm driving now. But only if i "honestly" try to sell it. When I started this thread I think I wanted $18,500 just so no one would waste my time asking about it.

But I'm serious now. It needs to be sold :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back