(2002 Proetge5) Need help verifying replacement seat part needed.

ben456123

:
Mazda Protege5
Hello,

I've owned my protege5 for about 5 years now, and this morning, part of the frame on the bottom of my driver's side seat broke. I don't have a picture right now, but it would be where the small piece (that is what is screwed in to the floor) and the actual rail are connected. There is a crack in the rail part there, so it will need to be replaced.

I've been looking at part diagrams and found this picture/parts list, and from the best of what I can divine I'll need to get the Seat Adjuster Assembly listed there (Part #10).

What I'm here for today is a few questions pertaining to this:

1) Is this indeed the correct part that is needed for this fix? I feel like its the best I've found, but reading car part diagrams is not my strong suit.
2) Will this be something I'll be able to replace on my own? I'm not useless with a wrench and really don't want to have to pay the extra for labor for someone else to fix this.
3) Is there a "best" spot online to look for replacement parts like this? I just want something that will keep the seat down and in place safely, I don't really care for anything fancy, just that it's well built.

Thank you very much in advance for hearing out my questions.

Find what at the junkyard exactly? The bolted together part of the rail is cracked, I need more than just new bolts.

My guess is he meant to look for a replacement seat at the junkyard. I have no idea of the cost for #10 in the diagram, but a complete used seat might be the cheapest option assuming you don't have the leather interior.

http://www.car-part.com/index.htm

Last edited:
Your better off getting a used seat from a junkyard or someone parting out the car. Got my seats from an 03 protege with airbag equipped for $15 a piece

it is easy to change out the entire lower frame assy into your seat, I have done this using a US lower drivers seat frame to my Aussie left passengers seat. get one from the junkyard for the frame, the 2 base adjusters have clips just like window winder handles.

Back