2000 Protege 2in Drop?

SimplyUnlucky

:
2000 protege lx
Hey guys, I was wondering what a 2in drop would look like on a protege. Right now I'm sitting at stock height with all original struts etc. I've found some Megan racing springs cheap.They say its a 1.9in drop so I figured It'll be like 2in. Would it also be safe to drive on the stock struts?
Thanks!

i think a 2 inch drop would be perfect, mine is a 1.3 drop but now looking back i wish i went lower. You should get new struts while your at it so you don't have to do the job again later on. Your struts will blow much quicker with megan spring rates

I also wanted to drop my protege since a while but for some reason or other could not do it anyways I think 2" drop is to much 1.5 All around sounds good

Nice, I've seen your build. The car looks pretty low for just a 1.3. I kind of figured the spring rates I was looking at are 275 front and 235 rear. Would you have a strut you would recomend?

It is quite the drop, I went out and mesured it and it looks like it'll sit real low, like almost touching tire. Well just have to see right? Lol

Just curious, there is a mazda B truck that comes in regularly that has a ford emblem on the fender just like that.
Most people like Tokico struts on their Proteges, that is what came on the MSP and MP3. Or upgrade to the adjustable Illuminas.

just lowered my car on cheapo ebay lowering springs claims to be 1.9 inch but seems like not. i Guess I have to let it sit in for a few days. ill post some pics when its settled in

I have done a 2 inch drop on my 2000 mazda protege lx and love it, i just put in ebay lotek lowering spirngs by mad racing concept, was like 160$ after ups charges cause i live in B.C. It was 100$ before shipping and im on stock struts. Still am much more happy with the ride and look. Would post pics but im new here and dont know how to haha

I'm wondering if a 1.4" front, and a 1.8" rear drop on some Eibach lowering springs would be suitable for my 2002 Protege ES (considering that I will be driving it in snowy conditions during the Winter)? I already replaced the struts a few years ago, but I am not sure what brand was purchased by the garage. I don't want my car to be planted super close to the pavement, but would still like a moderately aggressive look. And hopefully the 17" rims and tires I want to buy beforehand won't rub against the fender walls with the drop. I don't think I can afford to buy coilovers that allow for ride-height adjustments. I just want a good set of springs that will improve my car's stance, but to remain practical at the same time.

Last edited:
Back