2 way tape

Nightmare

:
2003 Black MSP
ok, removing the side moldings from my 03 lx

i have goo gone, but the stuff takes FOREVER litteraly to remove.
what it the fastest way to remove the 2 way tape without damaging the paint?

thanks in advance!

Did you try and use a heat gun or hair dryer. That could soften it up a little better to peel off. But remember, your going to have to take your time and have alot of patience to do it right so the paint isn't scratched.

Yea that stuff does work. I used it when I did this mod to my car last year. But it still takes time for that stuff to soak in and you have to use alot of it.

I did mine this past weekend - I also started with Goo Gone, but it wasn't helping, so I resorted to a hairdryer and much patience. Just heat up the adhesive and peel it off with your finger (I suggest putting a cloth between your finger and the car - i got a wicked blister on my thumb before I got the cloth). It comes off real clean, and doesn't damage the paint, but you must have patience - it takes a while!!

let it heat up in the sun to around 140 degrees then peel it off by letting it roll up into little balls. Then, you can use the adhesive remover to remove the residue

ya a heat gun, 3m adhesive remover and a worn out thumb from rubbing it off works best.......
rob

i did better, i got the shop to take it all off for free when i take it into get the dents repaired mauhahaha

Back