1999 protege loud pop from suspension

paniro187

:
1999 mazda protege
whne getting on the gas. and when going over speed bumps. anyone else ever have this issue. also i would like some details on timing belt replacement.

My mechanic told me it is likely coming from the top of the strut - most likely a worn bushing. I've procrastinated getting it replaced.

Any sort of searching would have yielded the answer even on google. All it is is a sway bar end link. They're like $30 at autozone cut the old one off put new one on. Assuming you have something to cut it off with it takes 15-20 minutes from loosening lugnuts to tightening and driving off

mine was making a loud banging noise from the back drivers side i took off the plastic back where the speakers are and seen the the strut was not part of the mount it rusted right through it and was just sitting there, if it more of that type of noise might want to check that. i got a new one at a junk yard for $50.

mine was making a loud banging noise from the back drivers side i took off the plastic back where the speakers are and seen the the strut was not part of the mount it rusted right through it and was just sitting there, if it more of that type of noise might want to check that. i got a new one at a junk yard for $50.

I've had the same thing happen to mine.
I've had a thumping sound coming from the rear passenger's side that I can't get rid of though, even after replacing both rear struts and mounts and both end links. I've been driving it for almost a year and still can't figure it out. I just assume it's something (like the jack or spare tire) rattling in the trunk and live with it.

i only replaced one of my struts and it stopped the noise right after replacing it, and are you close to Fred in NB???

Back