1987 RX-7 track project

MikeyBajer

:
87 RX-7 NA Base
here it is its kinda in the process of becoming a drift/track car it still needs alot of work but here it is so far
SL731130.jpg

have not touched it yet just rolled it off the trailor
SL731133.jpg

SL731134.jpg

SL731138.jpg

SL731140.jpg

ill have more later but these are from when i first got it home

Last edited:
ewww 4 lug phone dials lol j/k

Good luck got lots of work ahead of you

BTW if your looking to make and intake for the car you can go a completely different route than what i had in my "HOW TO". your 5/6 ports are exhaust actuated and you have a VAF not a MAF so all you need is a VAF adapter and put a filter on it.

the inside wiring is a mess

SL731144.jpg

soooo i took care of it and rewired it

SL731147.jpg

SL731148.jpg

the interior gutted and cleaned up ready to be stripped of all the sound mat

SL731150.jpg

SL731171.jpg

after i strip it im going to start on the cage and start putting the interior together

ewww 4 lug phone dials lol j/k

Good luck got lots of work ahead of you

BTW if your looking to make and intake for the car you can go a completely different route than what i had in my "HOW TO". your 5/6 ports are exhaust actuated and you have a VAF not a MAF so all you need is a VAF adapter and put a filter on it.

lol phone dials now everytime i see it i laugh thanks

and as far as intakes im going to do ITB's and a standalone

great job on the rewiring. definitely cleaned up. the car looks like it's ready to be built up and should make for a fun project. good luck with it. keep us posted with the build.

Nice start that wiring job is impressive. The phone dials are sweet if they made them in 17s i would be first in line.

All that interior taken out lightens it out a a bunch. I hear you can use dry ice to get the sound mat out.

Nice start that wiring job is impressive. The phone dials are sweet if they made them in 17s i would be first in line.

All that interior taken out lightens it out a a bunch. I hear you can use dry ice to get the sound mat out.

yeah all the interior plastics are coming out and door panels are going to be made out of aluminium the sunroof will get covered up with lexan and all sound mat will be taken out

yeah all the interior plastics are coming out and door panels are going to be made out of aluminium the sunroof will get covered up with lexan and all sound mat will be taken out

i need to find the site i have it bookmarked somewhere but there is a company that makes a sunroof cover out of CF

EDIT: here it is
Sunroof insert

Last edited:
that CF sunroof is pretty nice, but since this is the first rx7 that the sunroof works perfect i can't part with that.

Looks like you got a very nice body to work with as well.

well today i pulled the rotary out and man is everything dirty in there alot of road grime and oil this thing looks like its been leaking forever

update on the 7

engine is out and teardown has begun

SL731177.jpg

SL731180.jpg

SL731184.jpg

SL731192.jpg

The other track car in the background

SL731186.jpg

Ill have pics up of the teardown later soon she is going off to get ported and machined and then she will be ready for assembly.

Back